Edwards "One America Commitee"

Fish Fillet

I had alot of respect for Edwards, thought he was a decent guy and had a chance to take the white house as a moderate crossover candidate one day.....

Then I read his One Committee website, which it certified, grade A, 100 percent USDA inspected crapola.....

There are two different Americas in our country today - one for those at the top who get everything they want, and another for everybody else who struggles just to get by.

Translation: Everyone that makes more than you is spoiled, lazy, undeserving and out to screw you. It's not your fault that you can't "get by." Let me tell you how to get back at those evil rich people and tell you why you aren't to blame for your own troubles, the government and the rich are!!!

John Edwards understands this, and knows that if we want to build one America, we need a change in the White House. The Bush Administration has not led us toward one America; John Kerry and Democrats across this country will.

Translation: Even though I'm probably way, way richer than anyone who reads this, I know how bad off you, the poor, downtrodden and exploited commoner is. Further, I know this guy who is so rich he even makes me look poor, and he knows even more about how to help out all you poor people who can't get by.

Join us, and together, we can build one America that works for all of us!

Translation: Gimme some money. Then we can build an America that works for all of us that aren't business owners, successful, full-time employees or make over 40k a year.

Way disappointing.

I never have liked the guy. A trial lawyer and he tries to ride his NC roots as the grandson of textile mill worker. He's a phony and he wouldn't even carry his own state, my own state, the one and only North Carolina.

I'm not even sure he'll win re-election for Senate.

I never have liked the guy. A trial lawyer and he tries to ride his NC roots as the grandson of textile mill worker. He's a phony and he wouldn't even carry his own state, my own state, the one and only North Carolina.

I'm not even sure he'll win re-election for Senate.

He's not even running.

Sure is pretty, though.

FF, I'm surprised this could change your opinion about Edwards (which I'm surprised to hear was leaning-positive). Sounds like pretty standard campaign fare to me. Aren't we inured to this yet? I mean, I would expect this same drivel to dribble out of Bush's mouth as easily as Kerry's or Edward's.

john edwards is quite possibly the biggest douchebag in washington (and that's saying a lot).

sure, we expect every politician to spew the same kind of phony drivel, but edwards pimps his phoniness to the nth degree... i dont think i've ever seen a politician this irritating.

it's ironic that such a self-proclaimed populist has gotten almost all of his support during his senate and presidential races from one very wealthy demographic.

it's even more ironic that during his entire senate tenure, the only times he would speak out to the national media, make the rounds on national TV shows, and contact national newspapers about writing editorials (e.g. the NY times) was when an issue would arise concerning that very same powerful demographic. this is no knock on trial lawyers; this is a knock on our apparently born-again populist of a former presidential candidate (say that ten times fast).

the guy is such a tool. i will be beside myself in disappointment at the country if one day a brainless, captivated electorate votes him into the white house.

If the American populace wasnt so naive and foolish, gimmicks like this would never work. But it always has and always will work both ways, this board being no exception.

John Kerry is a douchebag...

but I'm voting for him anyway!

What a fantastic website. Politics and politicians suck. But Churchill, er George Bush goes well beyond that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.