Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Velvet Revolver

Featured Replies

anyone interested in the spin off of guns-n-roses and STP if you wanna put it that way?

 

 

anyone gonna check out these bad asses back at it again and supposedly stronger than before?

 

 

Axl was a great frontman and possibly one of the best ever but Weiland is possibly my favorite of all time

 

FYI:

 

Scott Weiland - vocals (stone temple pilots)

Slash - guitar (GnR)

Duff McKagan - bass (GnR)

David Kushner - guitar

Matt Sorun - drums (GnR)

 

... ma lord

I'm gonna go check out their show in Denver next month. I heard they're only doing a few shows before Weiland has to report back to Drug school.

I am interested in buying the album.

 

Scott Weiland rules all (except STP really slipped their last three albums). His solo album is awesome.

This is the best album I've heard in a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time. It blows away all of the STP albums.

 

The beginning of the album is mostly hardrock. I'm really starting to love "Sucker Train Blues." The first rock balled is "Fall to Pieces." The guitar reminds me of "Don't Cry." The song kicks major ass!

 

The guitar intro of "Superman" is awesome.

 

"You Got No Right" is awesome. Starts out with a simple acoustic guitar riff and then proceeds to kick ass. It has a great melody. It blows away any current song on the radio right now, including their first single "Slither," which I also love. It has the classic Slash emotional solo.

 

I think they must have been listening to Pink Floyd before writing "Loving The Alien." This is my favorite song on the album. I read on their site that Weiland said this was the hardest song he has ever had to record emotionally. Some of the lyrics are odd, but you can tell he is talking about his wife (or ex? not sure) when he sings "And I'm moving on."

 

 

 

Anyone that likes Weiland's voice MUST own this album. Some of the songs will take a couple listenings to start to get in to them, particularly the first 5, but they've won me over. It is a damn shame Axl ruined GNR. Slash is close to passing Jimmy Page in my book as the greatest hard rock guitar composer. The album doesn't have a song as good as "November Rain" or "Welcome to the Jungle," but I think I like this CD better than any GNR or STP album as a whole, and that is saying something since I love all the albums by those bands.

  • Author

its surely not the best album ive heard in a while ... its ok ... too much hype

 

i got the album and its good, its a bit harder than guns but I guess thats what happens when times change ... some songs sound just like guns and sometimes Weiland sounds like Axl.

 

its ok ....

Good Band, but Im not a big Scott Weiland fan.

WHAT!?

 

I'd say I like Scott Weiland's album just as much as some of the golden oldie classic STP stuff. If anything Stone Temple Pilots have gone stale and Weiland is moving onto bigger and better things.

 

He's not the greatest singer in the world but he gets the job done.

its surely not the best album ive heard in a while ... its ok ... too much hype

 

i got the album and its good, its a bit harder than guns but I guess thats what happens when times change ... some songs sound just like guns and sometimes Weiland sounds like Axl.

 

its ok ....

What hard rock albums have you heard lately that is better? Audioslave's album was great and I liked Pearl Jam's last album, but I'm not sure if I would consider it is hard rock. I liked Blink's new album (my guilty pleasure) but it is pop rock at best. Metallica's new album was pretty good but nothing great. The last NIN album was the s***, but that was a long time ago. I really can't think of a better album I've heard in a long time.

  • Author

ok this is something that ive probably havent tapped into

 

my fave harder stuff (insert long list of categories that involve hard music)

 

bands wise

 

Pantera

gorilla biscuits

glassjaw

quicksand

nirvana

 

 

... bands that deserve consideration: kid dynamite, grade, h2o, snapcase, sick of it all, deftones, poison the well, afi, RATM, against all authority, avail, black flag, hatebreed, jawbox, vandals, shai hulud ... DMX

ok this is something that ive probably havent tapped into

 

my fave harder stuff (insert long list of categories that involve hard music)

 

bands wise

 

Pantera

gorilla biscuits

glassjaw

quicksand

nirvana

 

 

... bands that deserve consideration: kid dynamite, grade, h2o, snapcase, sick of it all, deftones, poison the well, afi, RATM, against all authority, avail, black flag, hatebreed, jawbox, vandals, shai hulud ... DMX

Ah, okay. I like some of those bands. Never heard of that "Nirvana" band. :mischief2 :D

I got the album today... Pretty good stuff from what I've heard.

 

I hope to finish it later this morning.

Velvet Revolver may be the worst band name ever. These guys had their time in the sun, they're basically parodying themselves now. Hey, they're tough, they rock, they're 40 years old.

Velvet Revolver may be the worst band name ever. These guys had their time in the sun, they're basically parodying themselves now. Hey, they're tough, they rock, they're 40 years old.

Huh? How are they parodying themselves?

Velvet Revolver may be the worst band name ever. These guys had their time in the sun, they're basically parodying themselves now. Hey, they're tough, they rock, they're 40 years old.

Question: Do you own the album?

 

Methinks you don't, but this is a messageboard so you'll probably say yes (you know, nobody to verify). I got it yesterday, and to say these guys "had their time in the sun" and basically write off anything they put out BEFORE they put it out is, in a word, sucky.

 

I also like the name shot. Because Guns n' Roses, Stone Temply Pilots, any band with "THE" in their name makes a whole helluva' lotta' sense.

 

Also, what does age have to do anything? So, I take it Eric Clapton sucks now that he's old?

awful band. just listen to appetite for destruction on repeat. why would anyone listen to this band?

  • Author

awful band. just listen to appetite for destruction on repeat. why would anyone listen to this band?

ok sweet I can dig that ... any band that could make an album sound like appetite for destruction I likey

awful band. just listen to appetite for destruction on repeat. why would anyone listen to this band?

probably for Weiland.. i don't own this album so i can't comment much on the band, but i've always liked scott weiland on the early STP albums.

awful band. just listen to appetite for destruction on repeat. why would anyone listen to this band?

probably for Weiland.. i don't own this album so i can't comment much on the band, but i've always liked scott weiland on the early STP albums. I'll buy anything that Slash makes. :thumbup

I'm a happy man, 90's alt rock is re appearing again now that Auf De Maur is getting air play

awful band. just listen to appetite for destruction on repeat. why would anyone listen to this band?

probably for Weiland.. i don't own this album so i can't comment much on the band, but i've always liked scott weiland on the early STP albums. In my opinion it's a REALLY good STP album (something the REAL STP needs to take note of).

 

Also, one of the tracks towards the middle of the album Weiland goes REAL deep and sounds JUST like Rob Zombie. I didn't know he had it in 'em.

awful band. just listen to appetite for destruction on repeat. why would anyone listen to this band?

probably for Weiland.. i don't own this album so i can't comment much on the band, but i've always liked scott weiland on the early STP albums. In my opinion it's a REALLY good STP album (something the REAL STP needs to take note of).

 

Also, one of the tracks towards the middle of the album Weiland goes REAL deep and sounds JUST like Rob Zombie. I didn't know he had it in 'em. I disagree. I like the DeLeo brothers, but they can't play their instruments anywhere near as good as Slash or Duff. Same with Eric v. Matt in drumming.

awful band. just listen to appetite for destruction on repeat. why would anyone listen to this band?

probably for Weiland.. i don't own this album so i can't comment much on the band, but i've always liked scott weiland on the early STP albums. In my opinion it's a REALLY good STP album (something the REAL STP needs to take note of).

 

Also, one of the tracks towards the middle of the album Weiland goes REAL deep and sounds JUST like Rob Zombie. I didn't know he had it in 'em. I disagree. I like the DeLeo brothers, but they can't play their instruments anywhere near as good as Slash or Duff. Same with Eric v. Matt in drumming. The last two STP albums have sucked. Really badly. While I like the DeLeo brothers as well, they've lost it, somewhat. Their last two albums have been filled with sentimental garbage (and that's not what made them famous or their riches). Make what the fans want, an album that rocks.

 

To me, Velvet Revolver has done this.

  • Author

awful band. just listen to appetite for destruction on repeat. why would anyone listen to this band?

probably for Weiland.. i don't own this album so i can't comment much on the band, but i've always liked scott weiland on the early STP albums. In my opinion it's a REALLY good STP album (something the REAL STP needs to take note of).

 

Also, one of the tracks towards the middle of the album Weiland goes REAL deep and sounds JUST like Rob Zombie. I didn't know he had it in 'em. I disagree. I like the DeLeo brothers, but they can't play their instruments anywhere near as good as Slash or Duff. Same with Eric v. Matt in drumming. whaaaaaaaaaats? ... im a musician and let me tell you that the DeLeo brothers complement each other beautifully.

 

they can play their intruments just fine ... good soloing does not automatically make you amazing ... eh slash

awful band. just listen to appetite for destruction on repeat. why would anyone listen to this band?

probably for Weiland.. i don't own this album so i can't comment much on the band, but i've always liked scott weiland on the early STP albums. In my opinion it's a REALLY good STP album (something the REAL STP needs to take note of).

 

Also, one of the tracks towards the middle of the album Weiland goes REAL deep and sounds JUST like Rob Zombie. I didn't know he had it in 'em. I disagree. I like the DeLeo brothers, but they can't play their instruments anywhere near as good as Slash or Duff. Same with Eric v. Matt in drumming. The last two STP albums have sucked. Really badly. While I like the DeLeo brothers as well, they've lost it, somewhat. Their last two albums have been filled with sentimental garbage (and that's not what made them famous or their riches). Make what the fans want, an album that rocks.

 

To me, Velvet Revolver has done this. I love No. 4. :thumbup

 

I agree on the last one. Can't think of the name right now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.