If we want Beltran

Heckeroo

we will have to give up an everyday player and some top prospects, we will have to give up A LOT. We might as well make it bigger by getting a bullpen guy. You look at their pen, and you cringe, the only viable person I see there for us is Scott Sullivan. Take him. This will not happen, and i'm not sure if I even want it to happen, but to get a lot, you have to give up a lot, that's the point most of you are missing.

KC Recieves:

Jeff Conine

Jason Stokes

Josh Willingham

Joe Dillon

Marlins Recieve:

Carlos Beltran

Scott Sullivan

PTBNL

maybe i'm just trying to give up too much, but i haven't seen one viable trade proposal. Beltran for stokes, abe and Castro? Come on guys, that's not going to happen, we all know that. This might not even be enough, but it might be, depending on how desperate the royals are for a catcher in the future and to get something for beltran.

Discuss. Feel free to tweak it, or completely trash it

you want Beltran?

here is what you are losing

Stokes, Hutchinson, Olsen, Jai Miller, Mike Neu and another young guy

You know that Willingham would have to be in the deal.

They want a catcher and third baseman.

Anyway, I'm tired of the Beltran threads.

Oh, and Jai Miller is a bum.

dillon is going to be the rob stratton thsi year.

a non prospect in AAA that everyone gets a hardon for.

we have no viable 3b in our system.

until KC gets realistic......Beltran isnt going anywhere.

dillon hits for much better average and has a much better OBP than stratton had...

i'm not saying he is a prospect but who knows, maybe he can hit in the mlb too

i just dont think stratton is a fair comparison

stratton = old AAA player with no prospect status.

dillon = old AAA player with no prospect status.

they bring different thigns to the table....but both have less trade value than Ramon Castro.

well look at it like this

out of those two players, which is more likely to play in the MLB

not that either has a chance

but who would you see first?

i think dillon, and i think dillon is still young enough that, if he continues anywhere near the pace that he is going, he can be on a ML bench

dillon is 28.

the royals want guys that are young and have upside.

if dillon were 24 he would have tremendous value.....but he is not.

i'm not saying the royals would want him.

i'm still just saying that it is unfair to compare him to stratton as he has much more value than stratton no he doesnt.

castro has more and thats not exactly saying much.

hell nunez probably has more also.

they bring different thigns to the table....but both have less trade value than Ramon Castro.

Kevin Millar, in 1999 was 28 years old. That was also the first year he started to get some regular ABs...

So I think Dillon has much more value than Stratton because he is a better hitter. In fact, I think Dillon could be a Millar type...why not give him a chance? 28 means nothing. Time to play.

you want Beltran?

here is what you are losing

Stokes, Hutchinson, Olsen, Jai Miller, Mike Neu and another young guy

Kevin Olsen? Done.

Scott Olsen? Done.

If you can get Beltran, you get him. I dont think it will take as much as people think because of Bora$$. Whoever gets him wont re-sign him, unless it is a big market team. In which case, they dont have enough talent to offer and they could be outbid by smaller market teams, like ourselves.

The best chance to get Beltran? The Mets. They got a stud 3B prospect who seems to be a target. But I dont think the Mets are crazy about losing him - especially what it will cost to sign Beltran and they already have an OF.

Now, Willingham used to be a 3B, right? What about giving him up for Beltran? I dont like it either, but it is possible.

Kevin Millar, in 1999 was 28 years old. That was also the first year he started to get some regular ABs...

So I think Dillon has much more value than Stratton because he is a better hitter. In fact, I think Dillon could be a Millar type...why not give him a chance? 28 means nothing. Time to play.

tehn give him the call.

i doubt he will ever amount to much.

We don't need to mortgage the farm for a half-year rental. I mean, yes, Beltran is awesome and, yes, it makes us a much better team, but we'd give up way too much to do it and it's not like we're the kind of franchise that'll just go out and sign someone else in the off-season to make up for it.

I know we did it last year and it worked, but you can't do that every year, or we'll end up with a farm system like the Yankees. Only we don't have the cash to make it not matter.