Josh Beckett activated off DL

Ramp

Wow, Neu and Howard both still on the team after 2 callups, lets hope the FO made the right calls here.

Would you rather have Bump? Neu was good in his only outing and Rosey has said that he wants to make Howard our setup man because of his hard slider and because he's similar to Fox.

Guest Moneyball

:rofl :call :happydance :disney

Celebrate good times common....

*i will*

last nights game was a last test to see if bump could finally grow up and get some confidence, and he failed BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

Josh WHO?

:plain

Willingham of course. and why do we need a 3rd catcher? Isnt he talking about Beckett? We needed to make room for him after activating him from the DL.

Also is DO on the team for the rest of the year? I was hoping DO would be released also, he's really just taking up space on the team.

Hopefully Bump does well enough in AAA to earn a chance in another organization. He really deserves better than McKeon's misuse and Pro Player's short infield grass.

And can we stop with the calling for Darren Oliver's head until he actually blows a game in relief?

Hopefully Bump does well enough in AAA to earn a chance in another organization. He really deserves better than McKeon's misuse and Pro Player's short infield grass.

And can we stop with the calling for Darren Oliver's head until he actually blows a game in relief?

I am not sure Jack is going to let Oliver get the opportunity to blow a game.

and like his 8+ ERA as a starter wasn't enough reason for him to be released.

I agree! you guys keep b***hing about DO, and he's been awesome coming out of the bullpen. Let's give him a shot, he might prove to be an asset to this team coming out form the pen! It's not like we have any other options.

I agree! you guys keep b***hing about DO, and he's been awesome coming out of the bullpen. Let's give him a shot, he might prove to be an asset to this team coming out form the pen! It's not like we have any other options. What seems to be helping Oliver is pitching on a more regular basis.

Oliver needs to spot his pitches to be effective. He is getting more practice on a daily basis, and that appears to help him with location.

and like his 8+ ERA as a starter wasn't enough reason for him to be released.

This logic says we boot AJ after getting roughed up a couple of times too... # of starts by AJ: 2

# of starts by DO: 8

and AJ had an excuse, just coming back from an injury that caused him to miss over a year. What's DO's excuse for sucking? The man has never been a good pitcher in this league, and I don't expect him to start now.

From Rotoworld:

Marlins optioned RHP Nate Bump to Triple-A Albuquerque.

This clears a spot for Josh Beckett to come off the DL. It seems like another off choice, though. Bump isn't one of our favorites, but he had a 3.78 ERA in May and a 3.18 ERA this month. Meanwhile, Ben Howard has an 8.44 ERA, Toby Borland has a 6.28 ERA and Mike Neu failed to impress in his one appearance since being called up. Maybe it's worth seeing what Howard and Neu can do, but we don't get the odd fascination with Borland.

Either Borland or Neu are likely to be sent down when Wayne comes off the DL.

Wow, Neu and Howard both still on the team after 2 callups, lets hope the FO made the right calls here.

Would you rather have Bump? Neu was good in his only outing and Rosey has said that he wants to make Howard our setup man because of his hard slider and because he's similar to Fox. Howard is a stud. He has got gnasty stuff and it just takes some time (and patience).

Neu I think will compliment well as you chase him after a hard thrower like Beckett, Penny, Burnett and hitter's will have a hard time getting their timing right.

The man has never been a good pitcher in this league, and I don't expect him to start now.

Beckett is a career .500 pitcher so far. DO is over .500 career.

In terms of winning games, I don't see where he's any better than Beckett in reality. Yeah and we all know wins determine how good a pitcher is. :rolleyes:

Wins are a team related stat.

I agree! you guys keep b***hing about DO, and he's been awesome coming out of the bullpen. Let's give him a shot, he might prove to be an asset to this team coming out form the pen! It's not like we have any other options. What seems to be helping Oliver is pitching on a more regular basis.

Oliver needs to spot his pitches to be effective. He is getting more practice on a daily basis, and that appears to help him with location. I still think Oliver will contribute to this team. I think putting him in the bullpen is going to pay off for us, too. (that is, I agree with you)

Oliver seems to be good for 3 innings and that is obviously not a problem in relief. I also think you bring up a good point about getting consistent work and helping his location. I also think hitters tend to catch up with him after once through the lineup and that also will help him being in a relief role.