Are Democrats Truly Satisfied?

Phlub

So as a Democrat are you satisfied with Kerry as your nominee?

I'm not, Kerry is indecisive, and boring. I think that he's the lesser of 2 evils. But I still think we should have picked John Edwards.

And according to seperate polls done by MSNBC, CNN, Gallup, & Rueters Democrats are not satisfied now with John Kerry as their party nominee, 54% of Democrats say that they want John Edwards instead.

According to those polls, they cite John Kerry's indecisivness, and his lack of charisma.

How do you view it?

Your poll needs to be fixed! The first option got lumped with the three following options.

I am satisfied with Kerry. Dean was cool but he had not enough experience and the Republicans would have love to crush him... I'm saving Dean for 2012 :thumbup

While a lot of my Democrat friends are anxious about Kerry's "passiveness" I think he is doing the right thing by playing low profile right now. The most important thing is for him to go on the campaign trail, get out his message to people on the road in every corner of America. I actually think that not going for the jugular on Bush is smart. Kerry needs to be a positive option. We already know how bad Bush is, if you haven't come to that conclusion all by yourself by now... You never will.

Go Kerry! :thumbup

I'm disenfranchised since I'm a Republican, but like any intrusive conservative I'll add my two cents.

As someone said before, the best thing Kerry has going for him is the fact he isn't GWB. He lacks charisma and has thus far failed to provide any clearly defined planks in his platform regarding key issues. But tere will be no middle ground in his strategy of keeping quiet. Either he pulls it off, or fails miserably.

But the Democratic philosophy of giving GWB enough rope to hang himself may backfire, especially if the economy continues to turn the corner and/or some big development ocurs on the terror/war front from now until the election.

It's too bad for the Dems. GWB is vulnerable, and if the Democrats would of nominated someone with a pulse I think they could of made some major inroads into the GOP voting base, a'la Reagan in 80/84 and Clinton in 92/96. Alas, it's not to be.

I am a Republican here, but I'll add my 2 cents.

There is a group of Republicans (me included) that simply doesn't like Bush. Not everyone blindly supports their party out there, and to be honest I am not happy with the way Bush has represented the party or ran the office of President.

With that said, I would think that Democrats should not be particularly happy with Kerry. IMO if the Democrats had a very good candidate for President this year, they would probably be able to beat Bush by a significant margin in this race. But Kerry simply isn't a great candidate, and because of that the Presidental race in November is going to be very close in all likelihood, unless the Democrats "let Bush hang himself" strategy backfires.

It's too bad for the Dems. GWB is vulnerable, and if the Democrats would of nominated someone with a pulse I think they could of made some major inroads into the GOP voting base, a'la Reagan in 80/84 and Clinton in 92/96. Alas, it's not to be.

I agree. There are issues out there for Kerry to attack GW on, (not talking about Iraq or WMD) but I'm not convinced he's got the stomach to do it yet...

I'm a moderate who leans towards the left.

But my conservative views are (or at least they were conservative till Bush got in office),

No Gay Marriage (this isn't conservative, because I want civil unions that way its a comprimise between the 2 sides and everyone walks away happy, the homo's get to have their rights, and the Republicans don't have to allow the gays to "marry")

Lower Taxes for the Common man and not big business (this is a left wing view now)

Less Government, less government programs, and less government intervention (thats a left wing view now thanks to the Patriot Act)

No Abortion (it's not the mothers body that your doing anything to, it's the childs body, and the child that your killing that your doing it to! this is an eternal right wing view)

And I'm about ready to puke with Kerry as my nominee. He's indecisive and boring.

And the let Dubya hang himself strategy ISN'T WORKING, the idiot's (Bush) numbers are rising!

We need a candidate with some passion and some fire, and decisiveness, all are qualities that Edwards has. Plus JRE seems like a normal guy, and he was a candidate who truly cares!

But the 2nd best thing to have JRE as the nominee is having John Riley Edwards as our Vice President, and Kerry better do that quickly, because if Kerry names anyone else he's just shooting himself in the foot.

"Less Government, less government programs, and less government intervention (thats a left wing view now thanks to the Patriot Act)"

it's a right wing view.....just not a Republican view anymore, it seems lol

I agree with this....that is...less federal government...more should be given to the states....

as for abortion, i dont know if that should be up to each state or up to the federal government...the purpose of govt is to protect LIFE, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.....abortion deals with LIFE.

so who knows...anyway, im on a tangent....less govt = good thing