Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pierre's comments on...

Featured Replies

Juan Pierre received plenty of credit for his role in last year's title run. Perhaps the ultimate distinction came earlier this year. Hip Hop artist Trick Daddy, a South Florida native, mentioned Pierre and teammate Miguel Cabrera by name in a song.

 

In the Rubber Band Man remix, performed by T.I. and featuring Mack 10, Trick Daddy and Twista, Pierre is mentioned in the third verse. The lyric is: I'm such a player they call me Juan Pierre. Been ballin' since my younger years like ya boy Cabrera.

 

The remix was released in late March and has been getting steady play ever since.

 

"I had to get somebody to download it because it wasn't on the radio just yet in Miami," Pierre said. "I couldn't believe it. ... Music lasts forever. Twenty years from now you can tell somebody that's my name in it."

 

Pierre's sister hears the song regularly in Houston. He still gets phone calls from people telling him he's in the lyrics.

 

"We used to always listen to the regular version of that song, and I always was a Trick Daddy fan, even more so being in Miami because that's where he's from," Pierre said.

 

"Now that he mentioned me I'd like to get a chance to meet him or something. Hopefully, if they make a video he'll throw my jersey on."

This is real cool, I want to hear the song already. Its so cool because now people outside of Florida will know about our Fish.

Can someone upload that track for me.

As someone who writes raps I'm skeptical of how itll sound but we'll see!

This is real cool, I want to hear the song already. Its so cool because now people outside of Florida will know about our Fish.

What? You can't even hear it unless you're listening real closely. And we won the WS and were on FOX like every day, so most people know about the Marlins :thumbup

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.