Lowell was on Jim Rome

DurableTear

From MLB.com Marlins' Board

To: ALL

and everyone knows i dont like the Marlins BUT what he was saying was a disgrace to all Marlins fans. He was saying that he would really like a trade to Chicago or Los Angeles and he wishes he had never left the New York Yankees.

Why i was embarassed for him is because loria is still paying him at the moment and he should respect the Marlins no matter what.

The worse: he said that the Stadium in Florida is the worst AND THAT THE ONLY REASON THE MARLINS WIN IS BECAUSE THERE ARE 3000 FANS IN THE SEATS AND THEY BORE THE OTHER TEAM SO THAT THE MARLINS ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN THE GAME.

JIM ROME LOVED IT.

Everyone here knows i dont like the Marlins but when i was listening to this i wanted to hit him because he's currently still getting paid by loria and should respect him and his organization while he is still playing for them.

Beinfest should get him out of there immediately.

To: vidrocolon

Sorry, but until I hear it from somebody more reliable than you, I don't believe you. Everything Lowell has said so far has been pretty vanilla.

It it this is true, I apologize for calling you a lying sack of ####.

If you made it up, I urge you to get psychological help to get over this obsession you have. It's not healthy. First you made up a conversation with Ozzie Guillen and now this. I think you're having a hard time separating reality from fantasy. Good luck with your treatment.

To: efac

Unfortunately,

I was listening to the show on the internet and Mike who I respect vey much did make those comments. I think that he was lulled in by Jim Rome but he made some bad comments inclusing that it was not if but when he would be traded.

To: bhmarlins

Wow. Thanks, bhmarlins.

Sorry, vidrocolon. I guess you didn't make this one up.

No man i didn't make that up. But those comments were a slap in the face to Marlins fans and if an Expo player said that about die hard Expos fan like me, i would boo him like crazy. You guys supported Lowell and are paying his salary, the least he can do is respect the fans and the organization.

i couldn't believe what i was hearing.

If this is true, then this is a disgrace . . .

what a classless A$shole... I cant believe he said all that.

Havent players learned from John Rocker?? In this case, i think its worse!! at leasst i agreed with Rocker about the hom0s!

and this guy is supposed to be our "hometown hero" .. what a sassy idiot. He is the most respected in the team by the fans and yet he takes it all as a joke!

Beinfest, trade his whining As$ and ra pe the cubs of some pitching. I hope once Lowell is traded he gets injured and washes out.

Sorry cafe, but it's true. I heard it as well. I was completely astonished that he would say those things about a team/fans while he's still currently playing for them. This guy deserves a slap. And now he wants votes for the all star game? Screw him, vote for Castillo. This guy has always been true to the team.

Any conformation of this? If it's true, Lowell is a sack of sh*t...

Vidrocolon totally misrepresented Lowell's comments to Rome. I just heard the whole interview. He never said he wanted a trade to the Cubs or Dodgers. What he said was he found both teams intriguing because they were playoff contenders and played in good ballparks.

He never said he wished the Yankees had never traded him. In fact, he said he was glad the Yankees moved him because they signed Brosius to a three-year deal after '98, which meant Lowell would have probably stayed at Triple-A another couple of years.

Lowell did take a shot at the fans, saying the Marlins homefield advantage was lulling opponents to sleep when 3,000 showed up.

Trust me, nothing he said made him look like a piece of sh--.

Hey Lowell is just being honest, bottomline when the NATIONAL media trashes the fish its about the attendance. So look in the mirror. I had an idea if everybody wants Lowell to stay prove it, go to games, show your support, show ownership you have a voice. How's about this buy a season tickets for the rest of the year. Get something going to ownership with names of people willing to buy tickets to show support to the team and Lowell.

From today Sunsentinel article By Juan C. Rodriguez

LOWELL VISITS THE JUNGLEThird baseman Mike Lowell was a guest on the Jim Rome Show on Wednesday morning. He addressed everything from trade rumors to Pro Player Stadium to coming up in the Yankees system.

Regarding the rampant speculation about his future, Lowell said: "I haven't really gotten any indication from our front office as to what direction we're going, but I have to believe when there's smoke there's fire. I haven't read anything to blatantly say, `No, it's not true.'

"I'd like to have more knowledge as to what's going on because I've heard so many different rumors. But on the flip side, knowing it's not my say and not [in] my control, I can focus on the game."

Lowell found the idea of playing for either the Cubs or Dodgers "intriguing," based on their ballparks, fan bases and proximity to the playoffs. If the Marlins do trade him, he won't miss the way Pro Player Stadium swallows up fly balls in the gaps.

Not to mention performing in front of some minor league-sized crowds.

"It's pretty fun playing in front of 3,000 every once in a while," Lowell deadpanned. "We kind of lull the other team to sleep. I think that's our home-field advantage."

Hey Lowell is just being honest, bottomline when the NATIONAL media trashes the fish its about the attendance. So look in the mirror. I had an idea if everybody wants Lowell to stay prove it, go to games, show your support, show ownership you have a voice. How's about this buy a season tickets for the rest of the year. Get something going to ownership with names of people willing to buy tickets to show support to the team and Lowell.

Right on....right on.....

I reaaaaaaallly agree with you on this......

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.