Everywhere I Go...

What now Gammons is an expert but before he was an a**hole who knew nothing about baseball?

Which is it...

I can care less about records it's about playing now and look at my list...

Although most of you probably don't agree with most on the list you still can't argue with some. Luis is not a top 5 second he's good but The best...

No

If I am going to take one of these options, it is definately A...

Dunn strikes out a lil too much ! He homerun or nothin again.

he is 24 So were a lot of people once that had potential and have shown nothing for it. that's true....

I'd much rather have Vidro, (This is because of my loyalty of Course) Polanco, Kennedy, Soriano, Ellis is on the fringe, B Boone, Spivey, Giles, and Kent. I'm sure most of you would shorten that list but that's a lot of names I think are better than Castillo, JMO

You are reaching big time here!

Kennedy? Give me a break.

Spivey? That is a laugher.

Giles and Ellis? Get real!

Spivey had one good year and now is back to batting .258.

Kennedy has never been anything and is batting .276 with 3HR (less than Castillo) and does not give you Castillo's speed.

Giles is nothing more than a solid 2B and has not proven anything.

Ellis is batting .246 and is a career .262 hitter and is the same age as Castillo. Yet somehow he is "almost better than Castillo" ROFLMAO!

Kent is over the hill. Boone is a good power hitter but is already 34yrs old.

Vidro and Soriano are the only ones I'll give you of who I'd take over Castillo.

Although most of you probably don't agree with most on the list you still can't argue with some. Luis is not a top 5 second he's good but The best...

No

Still can't argue it? HAHA! Yes we can, he is clrearly on the list of top 5 2B. You are insane if you think he is not. I challenge you to really name 5 better, and don't give me that Spivey, Ellis, etc junk.

if I need the bat, i take Kent and Boone over Castillo...

otherwise the only 2 are Vidro and Soriano

I can agree on that. But if you need speed and a leadoff man you take Castillo. Also Castillo is 27yrs old while Kent is 35 and Boone is 34, so Castillo will be around longer.

Either way, that is still only 4 if you give Kent, Vidro, Soriano, Boone. Who is the 5th better than Castillo? Going once....Going twice....

Ok your a joke to say That Luis Castillo is better than JEff Kent is incredible and shows just what you know...

To say he's doing is better than Boone is another thing that makes you laugh... Listen Bandit, Luis last year hit in the low .300's not a huge milestone it was considered a career year!

Giles is leading in all star voting and is having a great year, prove me wrong about Giles this year SB are overrated and it shows...

Stop yelping about Speed is king because it's like Free HBO at a motel...

It's nice but not neccesary...

Spivey can hit 300 and give you high teens low twenties in HR's something you know Luis could not do if you gave him A Tennis Ball to hit...

I'll agree Ellis should not be on the list but I like him but

To say that Luis is better Than Kent and Boone show's your ignorance Fanboy

if I need the bat, i take Kent and Boone over Castillo...

otherwise the only 2 are Vidro and Soriano

I can agree on that. But if you need speed and a leadoff man you take Castillo. Also Castillo is 27yrs old while Kent is 35 and Boone is 34, so Castillo will be around longer.

Either way, that is still only 4 if you give Kent, Vidro, Soriano, Boone. Who is the 5th better than Castillo? Going once....Going twice.... Hey Ms. Cleo can you see into THe Future because that's really nice he will be around longer too bad not in a Fish Uniform.

You laugh at me but then say that you are a clever one.

Hey didn't I see you Saying That The Titanic is Unsinkable?

hey Rune, 2000 was Luis Castillo's best year...not last year...

Boone was unreal in 2001, but last year he fell off a little...he seems to have gotten his stroke back, but for how long?

dont say Spivey can hit in the 20's because he has never done that yet

and I'll wait for Marcus Giles to have a good full season...not just 2months+

Ok your a joke to say That Luis Castillo is better than JEff Kent is incredible and shows just what you know...

To say he's doing is better than Boone is another thing that makes you laugh... Listen Bandit, Luis last year hit in the low .300's not a huge milestone it was considered a career year!

Giles is leading in all star voting and is having a great year, prove me wrong about Giles this year SB are overrated and it shows...

Stop yelping about Speed is king because it's like Free HBO at a motel...

It's nice but not neccesary...

Spivey can hit 300 and give you high teens low twenties in HR's something you know Luis could not do if you gave him A Tennis Ball to hit...

I'll agree Ellis should not be on the list but I like him but

To say that Luis is better Than Kent and Boone show's your ignorance Fanboy

You're a joke. I said that the age would have to be a factor for who I would want on my team. I would take someone 7-8yrs younger who is very productive at what he does over Kent or Boone if I had to make a team.

And what makes Spivey a .300 hitter? 2 years ago he hit .258, last year .301 and this year back to .258. I think the 300 was more of a fluke than anything. You are ignorant if you think otherwise.

Giles is leading in fan voting....Wahoo! :rolleyes:

Who GAF? Nobody! Fan voting is greatly overrated. Isn't Shea Hillenbrand leading Lowell in fan voting? It's a ridiculous argument you make bringing up fan voting. He hit .230 last year and .262 the year before. Let's hold judgement on him before we say how great he is. Playing well for 1/3 of a season does not sway me on his greatness. Obviously for a person like you, it does, however.

Castillo has hit .300 in 3 of the previous 4 seasons, including one where he hit .334 and is at .315 this year. He has also led the league in SB what, 3 times and is arguably the best leadoff hitter in the game over the past 3 years.

Plus to say that speed is nothing is retarded. Castillo has 4 HR this year, which is not great but he has plenty of speed to burn. For someone like Spivey or Giles to make up for that they would have to hit a ton of HR. However, they have 9 and 8 respectively, now those numbers don't blow me away. Your argument is terrible.

Hey Ms. Cleo can you see into THe Future because that's really nice he will be around longer too bad not in a Fish Uniform.

You laugh at me but then say that you are a clever one.

Hey didn't I see you Saying That The Titanic is Unsinkable?

I love people like you who copout of arugements when you are wrong. We were talking about him being among the top 5 2B in the league, not how long he will be in a fish uniform. I don't think he will be here much longer, but that does not change my opinion of who I would want and what I think of him. It doesn't make him any slower, any worse of a hitter or any older. Get a clue.

hey Rune, 2000 was Luis Castillo's best year...not last year...

Boone was unreal in 2001, but last year he fell off a little...he seems to have gotten his stroke back, but for how long?

dont say Spivey can hit in the 20's because he has never done that yet

and I'll wait for Marcus Giles to have a good full season...not just 2months+

What Ramp said!

Your constant repetition of the same thing is humerous Man!

Giles is hitting in The 330's with get this 8 home runs and 30 something RBI's how does that qualify for being better than Luis. I'm still wondering and I know this is going to get me insulted because as soon as you start to debate with someone you start insulting for no appearant reason is it because you don't know what to say or just get angry?

Back on topic...

Listen my little freind...

Were talking about right now top 5 right now not down the road or in MarlinBandit's imaginary world...

Kent is going to have 100 RBI's again, Homers in The High 20's and get this... Get this my fanboy freind... His average is around The Same as Luis! Can you beleive that? Wow I knew he was good but that good? I know you didn't because I see you still follow 2002's stats...

Now onto your best freind Boone, He is on pace for 100 RBI's, 18 Hr's right now and OMG! He has around The Same Average as Luis! Is this shocking or what! Maybe to you seeing that your entire point about this season was just dropped.

Now I'm going to stop now to count.

1 Second's better than Luis

2 second's better than Luis

3 second's better than Luis

4 second's better than Luis

5 second's better than Luis.

Right there you have 5 without even going in debate with you about other's so unless you need The Count from Sesame Street to count that over for you. Luis is not a top 5 second.

Now would you like to continue this or just insult me?

Giles is hitting in The 330's with get this 8 home runs and 30 something RBI's how does that qualify for being better than Luis. I'm still wondering and I know this is going to get me insulted because as soon as you start to debate with someone you start insulting for no appearant reason is it because you don't know what to say or just get angry?

Back on topic...

Were talking about right now top 5 right now not down the road or in MarlinBandit's imaginary world...

Kent is going to have 100 RBI's again, Homers in The High 20's and get this... Get this my fanboy freind... His average is around The Same as Luis! Can you beleive that? Wow I knew he was good but that good? I know you didn't because I see you still follow 2002's stats...

Now onto your best freind Boone, He is on pace for 100 RBI's, 18 Hr's right now and OMG! He has around The Same Average as Luis! Is this shocking or what! Maybe to you seeing that your entire point about this season was just dropped.

Right there you have 5 without even going in debate with you about other's so unless you need The Count from Sesame Street to count that over for you. Luis is not a top 5 second.

First off, I did not know .326 was in the .330s.

Second, the argument was best five overall secondbaseman, not best stats as of this second in time. If that was the case, then Carl Everett would be better than Torii Hunter, DLee better than Giambi, Mark Redman better than Maddux, I know you get the picture. Now you see how much sense you were making (not much).

I still don't see 5 better than Luis. Who is the 5th, you can't possibly think Giles is the 5th. You maybe Anti-Marlin, but be realistic. You are the fanboy, arguing from a hate of the Marlins point of view. You obviously do not know what you are talking about, since your argument has no validity.

well if we play this game...

Alex Gonzalez is the best SS in the MAJORS...

come on, you cant judge on 2 months.... take a 1-3 picture and look at that

Ramp excluding Giles those four do not need to prove their capabilities in the rest of the season...

You know that

EXACTLY!

I didn't notice Rune arguing that Lee was better than Giambi when all of that was going on because Lee has better stats as of now. Giambi is much better than Lee, just because he has inferior numbers this year does not change that. It's just insane to think his argument has any validity.

Ramp excluding Giles those four do not need to prove their capabilities in the rest of the season...

You know that I gave you that for arguments sake. Now I am still looking for the 5th who beats out Castillo for the top 5 2B in the league. You seem stumped. Keep looking, you won't find one.

Bret Boone does......

Castillo is in the top 5 2nd baseman in the league.... no way around it

Ramp, he is just changing the argument. The argument by him was Castillo is not a top 5 2B in the league, now he is switching it because he has realized he is wrong and does not want to admit it. It's very easy to see that. Of course he is a top 5 2B in the league, it's a stupid argument to say he is not.

Back on topic...

First off, I did not know .326 was in the .330s.

Second, the argument was best five overall secondbaseman, not best stats as of this second in time. If that was the case, then Carl Everett would be better than Torii Hunter, DLee better than Giambi, Mark Redman better than Maddux, I know you get the picture. Now you see how much sense you were making (not much).

I still don't see 5 better than Luis. Who is the 5th, you can't possibly think Giles is the 5th. You maybe Anti-Marlin, but be realistic. You are the fanboy, arguing from a hate of the Marlins point of view. You obviously do not know what you are talking about, since your argument has no validity. I hate to tell you Marlin's bandit but I'm not Mr Anti Marlin, I have given praise for a lot things and players in this company so don't go there.

Your right you can't judge on numbers right now but you know that Kent, Boone, Soriano, and Vidro do not need to prove themselves by the rest of the season and I think you could agree on that.

I'm not big on Giles but as of now he has had the better season but your right I can't say he is better right now..

I know your not going your point across to me and ditto for me so if you want to continue this I will if you agree that were just going to be repeating the same thing then cool I'll let you deceide.

I know your not going your point across to me and ditto for me so if you want to continue this I will if you agree that were just going to be repeating the same thing then cool I'll let you deceide.

All I am looking for is you to admit Castillo is a top 5 2B in the league and truthfully mean it. It's real easy, you said he wasn't and he clearly is. Just admit it, you were wrong.

Ok MarlinBandit forget what I just said you say I realize that...

O come on

When has Luis Castillo proved that he is a top 5 second basemen?

Bret Boone and Jeff Kent have alway's done better than him. You know it...

They are doing better than him average wise and in all other stats!

You realize that but yet you continue to say this crap. Prove me wrong why Luis has done better than Giles, Kent, or Boone this year.

Prove me wrong O wait you can't so you'll jsut continue with your cheapshots Fanboy.

Also before you call me a fanboy just read some of my posts on Phillies boards I'm a realist!

Marlons Bandit is right. I think he is a top 5 2B. He has proven himself in this league.

BTW: Pudge07, your posts in this forum have basically lost all meaning to most, so go find a book on the game of baseball or the Marlins or something, read it, and come back...