Everywhere I Go...

Ravenlord

Ok MarlinBandit forget what I just said you say I realize that...

O come on you little arrogant fool,

When has Luis Castillo proved that he is a top 5 second basemen?

Bret Boone and Jeff Kent have alway's done better than him. You know it...

They are doing better than him average wise and in all other stats!

You realize that but yet you continue to say this crap. Prove me wrong why Luis has done better than Giles, Kent, or Boone this year.

Prove me wrong O wait you can't so you'll jsut continue with your cheapshots Fanboy.

Also before you call me a fanboy just read some of my posts on Phillies boards I'm a realist!

You are a moron, I am going to leave it at that because I have to go. You want me to call names? That's fine I will. Looks like when you are wrong your way of admitting it is to call names, now I will call them back. You are an oblivious person who is blinded by ignorance. Get a clue. Castillo has been the best leadoff man over the last 3yrs in the majors and that in itself makes him a top 5 2B. Stupidity is really holding back our society and you seem to be aiding it.

Marlons Bandit is right. I think he is a top 5 2B. He has proven himself in this league.

BTW: Pudge07, your posts in this forum have basically lost all meaning to most, so go find a book on the game of baseball or the Marlins or something, read it, and come back...

Anyone with half a brain can see that, it's not a hard thing to tell. It is an obvious call.

I will be back later to prove I am correct once again.

so far this year, Giles has been better.....

This year has been 2+ months long.

Lee has been better than Giambi, so now can I assume under Rune's rules he is now officially the better player? that would be correct Good, just making sure. Now I can announce it.

Thanks to Rune, We have all realized DLee is officially better than Jason Giambi!!

Calling you Arrogant is calling you names from what I've seen it's just what you call everyone on this board who dares disagree with you...

Now back to topic...

He has been The Best, I said it The Best leadoff men no question about that but were talking about Second Base...

Jeff Kent, Bret Boone, and Alfonso have been The Best Power Hitting Second's in the league

Alfonso, Vidro have been The Best all around second's in the league

Giles has been better than Luis this year up to this point check ESPN's all star column. I don't see Luis on noticeable...

Luis is great but he is not the Top 5 second basemen.

It all matters on what you consider the most important quality for a second basemen.

I like an all around player apparently you like speed

so far this year, Giles has been better.....

This year has been 2+ months long.

Lee has been better than Giambi, so now can I assume under Rune's rules he is now officially the better player? that would be correct Good, just making sure. Now I can announce it.

Thanks to Rune, We have all realized DLee is officially better than Jason Giambi!! sorry.

i just checked their stats.

Giambi is doing better than DLee....

note to self: check stats before making dumb posts :banghead

Castillo isn't overrated. He's exactly what he's advertised as: A perfect contact-hitting leadoff man. Hits over .300, gets on base, doesn't strike out, plays a fine 2B, and can lead the league in steals.

As of next year however, he will be most definately overpaid. No contact-hitting infielder is worth 7 million, even if he hits .350.

You cannot teach any speedy guy how to get on base take Peter Bergeon for example he's as fast as Luis and the Expos sent him down because he could not hit the side of a barn. Castillo is one of the best 2b in baseball right now. He is not a Top 5 but he's a guy a the yanks wanted before they had Soriano, remember. So he's worth having on your team, because of skills a a leadoff hitter and good defensive skills. Another thing if Castillo was not a switch hitter he could hit over 15 homers in a season, but he will strike out. So this means he could be a Marcus Giles if he really wanted to.

Burnett heat, name five 2B better than Castillo.

Not just 'he's been better this year', but who is and has always been better...

If you want guys that have been better over their career's that makes it real easy

Boone

Kent

Soriano

Vidro

Four right there....

Giles has been better this year his first full season where he he was The Designated Starter(I think)

Josh like you have been saying to Pudge all day think before you post also if you remember...

Bandit's arguement for Castillo being better than Boone and Kent was because they are over the hill he recognize their past accomplishments.

Seriously Josh basically you just said that Kent and Boone's best year is this one and that they have never accomplished anything in the past...

Josh Wake Up Kent was an MVP and Boone was The Guy who deserved it in 2001

I agree with three guys you compiled...

But with Vidro you could go either way. Vidro drives in runs, Castillo scores runs. They both hit . 300+ and play GG caliber defense. Vidro hits more HR and Castillo steals more bases. When comparing those two you can go either way.

And I said name 5 players, thus making Castillo the 6th. If you only name 4, Castillo is the 5th one, making him a top 5 2B.

So name two 2B now that are better than Castillo, not including Vidro or anyone else on that list.

No.

1. Soriano

2. Boone

3. Kent

4. Giles

5. Boone

5 guy's right there.

Luis is the best leadoff man but SB is overrated they are not going to make a team win a ton of games sure they get more guy's in scoring position but with The Marlins they don't count if you can't hit them in

Marcus Giles has not yet proven himself over a long span of time that he is better than Luis. He has been a starter for what, 2 months now? Luis has been for what, 6 years?

Giles is not yet up there...

Hate to tell you Josh but The Number's guy's get this year count...

Giles is playing better now period no if's but's about it

Let me throw a name out at you Rune...

Marcus Giles

Has been a ML starter for 2 months, and has shown signs of what could be, but hasn't been around long enough to see if he will be a consistant player.

Now here's another name...

Luis Castillo

Has proved that he is a consistant threat where he is supposed to be threatening, year in and year out.

Which player do you want!?

Which one do you take?