Pavs, Benitez, Cabs, and Lowell are allstars!

Accord

Miguel made it cus Beltran appeared on the AL list and can't play now as an NL All-star due to the trade..doh!

# The trade involving Carlos Beltran occurred after the Player Balloting had commenced and therefore he appeared on the American League Player Ballot and not the National League Player Ballot. Major League Baseball recognizes Beltran as an All-Star and he can participate in All-Star activities but he cannot be named to the National League All-Star Team based on the results of the American League Player Ballot.

Congrats to all of them.

Maybe one more if JP gets voted in.

440455[/snapback]

maybe 2 more since Kent probably wont play. We could have 6 guys in it

440465[/snapback]

You're right, since Kent most likely won't play Castillo could make it.

Four Marlins heading to Houston

07/04/2004 7:00 PM ET

By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com

MIAMI -- The defending World Series champion Marlins are still receiving their share of star treatment. For the first time in franchise history, they will have four representatives at the All-Star Game.

Representing the Marlins at the Midsummer Classic at Minute Maid Park in Houston on July 13 are third baseman Mike Lowell, right fielder Miguel Cabrera, right-handed pitcher Carl Pavano and closer Armando Benitez.

Lowell and Cabrera were selected by the Major League players, coaches and managers.

Marlins manager Jack McKeon, the National League squad manager, picked seven reserves. Pavano was one of them.

Being the player's choice, said Lowell, is special.

"What's most gratifying for me is that I was voted in by the players," he said. "When you get votes from your peers and they respect the way you play and the numbers you put up, it makes you feel better. I'm fortunate, and I'm very happy I'm going."

The steady, 30-year-old Lowell is the first Marlin ever selected three times, and has done so as a reserve the past three seasons.