Marlins Cruise

fishywishy

Is anybody going to go on this?

If I had another Marlins fanatic who'd go for it, I'd probably do it because I love cruises. It sounds kinda weird, to like.. sit on the deck across from Luis Castillo and be at the blackjack table with Dontrelle. Would Jeff Conine unleash a secret passion for the dance at the disco? It's probably a bit of drag for the players, but it's so uberfan to be trapped on a boat with the dudes.

I doubt they will have the entire team on the cruise... I would love to go but they don't tell you who is going, and it's just like their autograph sessions where they don't release the names of who is signing, so it could be the scrubs from the team. I'd hate to pay for the cruise, go on, and see Spooney, Bump, Tejera, and the rest of the bench. If anyone knows the players going, let us know

I'd hate to pay for the cruise, go on, and see Spooney, Bump, Tejera, and the rest of the bench. If anyone knows the players going, let us know

441458[/snapback]

HAHA I hadn't even though of that. That's a hilarious idea. That would suck so much. It wouldn't really shock me though. The "B" guys are the only ones who pay attention to the fans really.

I do know the Mermaids will be there. :thumbdown

how much is it?

and if manzi is on the cruise, it would be the best cruise in world history. haha

441527[/snapback]

I think it starts around 500 if you go through the Marlins. You could check some discount vacation places and request that specific ship and date, but I guess you might not be able to attend some of the events?

Manzy rules. Yesterday, before the game, he was walking back into the dugout and had a ball. He made everyone scream really loud before he'd give it up and was just pumping everyone up already.

Must be fun to work on a cruise ship

441460[/snapback]

Actually, all the people (well most) hate to work on the cruise ships. Most are foreign people and they work about 50-60 hour weeks- they don't get paid much either. I am a manager at Carnival Cruise Line in Cape Canaveral.

441570[/snapback]

And they basically have to kiss all the passenger's asses too. They don't get paid much, but they also get a place to live and food to eat so I guess it works out.

It really depends what you do on the ship. You do work L-O-N-G hours, but you could have a lot of fun too....I'm a Shipboard Systems Analyst for Royal Caribbean, so I get to go on ships all the time. Luckily, I don't have to go for months at a time. The longest I've had to go for is 6 weeks straight. It drains you, but if you're an officer on the ship, and not a waiter or cabin steward, it can be fun....

It's a great job if you're single and like to drink a lot...

It really depends what you do on the ship. You do work L-O-N-G hours, but you could have a lot of fun too....I'm a Shipboard Systems Analyst for Royal Caribbean, so I get to go on ships all the time. Luckily, I don't have to go for months at a time. The longest I've had to go for is 6 weeks straight. It drains you, but if you're an officer on the ship, and not a waiter or cabin steward, it can be fun....

It's a great job if you're single and like to drink a lot...

441849[/snapback]

Thats true. Going to the crew bar and downing dollar beers all night is fun.

LOL - Sounds like someone who knows from experience....Sucks that you work for Carnival. We're rivals. Would have been nice if we both worked for the same company...We could down a few beers at the crew bar and talk about the Marlins... Oh well, go ahead and stay on the dark side.... :whistle