Matt Lawton or Nomar?????

Hey whats up im new to all this and ive been reading your post for the past few days im interested in knowing who would the marlins go for before the trading deadline either nomar garciaparra of matt lawton in my opinion i would go after matt lawton because we need another outfielder who has power and can fill the number 3 hole. i dont think we really need nomar because we got gonzo and i would hate to break him and luis up because they are the best middle infielders in the game (defensively). we also do need another left handed bat which lawton is. Another reason why ill go for lawton is because he still has a few years left in his contract and can help us in the future also meanwhile nomar on the other hand is a free agent and likely wont sign with us at the end of the year. financially we would be better off with lawton because he doesnt make as much as nomar and in my opinion he is more productive. to get either of these players ill be willing to trade all of the following players depending what the other team need conine nunez castro borland penny or pavano because without one of them there wont be no deal and maybe even gonzo

GO MARLINS AND BO-SOX

I'd trade for Lawton before Nomah.....Lawton, in my opinion, would cost a lot less and as you said, we need another outfielder, not a shortstop...

However, before seeing any trades, I want to see Joe Dillon get a shot. This guy just hit two more homeruns in Triple A, giving him 20 for the year. And his average is somewhere around .360. We need to see if this guy can hit Major League pitching. He may be the spark we need and it won't cost us a thing.

Based on Hutton/Casper comments:

The Marlins won't make any trades, unless we start playing better with what we have, That's what Loria/Beinfest told the players during the close door meeting a couple of days ago.

We may be sellers by the trade deadline. . .

The Marlins won't make any trades, unless we start playing better with what we have, That's what Loria/Beinfest told the players during the close door meeting a couple of days ago.

442183[/snapback]

Maybe this will spark their offense!

Come on guys!! :thumbup You are some much better than this, Go Fish!

how can we play better everyone rite now is in a slump and weve lost 12 of our last 17 or sumtin like that i really hope well be buyers rather that sellers jeffrey loria and beinfest have let us down to many times with pudge dempster millar lee encarnacion redmond we can lose more players we have to add quality players and lawton will come pretty cheap rather than nomar beinfest said that our payroll would be around the 60 million range and juss guess where it stands at 43 million so hes a big azz liar. i know that our fans arent that good but if we stay with a good team for some years more and more fans will come to our games i dont know what the people in florida want weve already won 2 worlds series in our eleven seasons. we better not be sellers or ill mad azz hell :banghead

442183[/snapback]

I understand their reasons as one bat isn't going to change the situation, but :boo-woo

i think a bat would help our line especially if it lawton or nomar. if you stick the in the three hole they will take off some of the stress off cabs and lowell. Loria and beinfest didnt bring us a world series our players who played awesome brought us a world series but the loria and beinfest went and gave away three of our best bats pudge encarnacion and lee. have u seen how good pudge and lee have been doing imagine if they were still with us well be in first place up by 10 games rather than third place behind the mets what we need is a bat i dont care about the bullpen our sp is good enough to last 7 or 8 innings then hand it over to benitez or manzanillo. i would love to get lawton or nomar maybe even kendall but if we look at the past of the marlins i dont think thats going to happen.

well i guess there is no nomar. i just saw channel 7 news and they say that the marlins are denying having talks with the red sox about possibly renting nomar for the rest of the year but in the newspaper earlier today they stated that the marlins have their eye on nomar and may trade him possibly for choi gonzo etc. :banghead

I know you're new here MarlInS fan, but we've heard it all before.

The team has the talent to win, but things haven't gone right for the team.

McKeon's lost a few games by playing the bench too much. JP and Luiy are afraid to run. We're playing too many teams on hot streaks. No one's hitting with runners in scoring position. Starting pitching is taxing the weak bullpen. "IT"S ALL GONE WRONG!"

Its all gone wrong but it can only go up from here right? Marlins can still take two of three in this series. THey cannot be 4 or more games out at the all star break that would be demoralizing. Get their act together, and I think a winning streak and good second half of hte season is very possible even without any sort of trade

I think that maybe a major shakeup of the lineup, may get the team going. I just hope Jack thinks of something before its too late.

442567[/snapback]

I agree as long as

A. It does not involve bench players starting

B. Jack keeps with it for more than 1-2 game(s)

for anyone who did not see this stated on the paper:

"Marlins: The Miami Herald and Palm Beach Post both reported that there is no truth to a report put out by a Boston radio station that the Marlins were talking to the Red Sox about shortstop Nomar Garciaparra. "I'd like to comment on that," owner Jeffery Loria said of the possibility. "I'll use two words: Not happening." The Herald also reported that the Marlins "can only afford to trade for the likes of Matt Stairs, Shea Hillenbrand, Frank Catalanotto and Matt Lawton."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.