MARLINS TICKET RIPOFF

drguava

I have the Saturday 20 game package for my family in the Club Level but this week I decided to take my son some of his friends and friends fathers (total of 5 kids and 4 adults) to last nites game against Pittsburg. I figured we get there and just purchase fish tank tickets when I got to the ticket window but I was told that the fish tank was sold out, then I ask for outfield reserve and was told they were sold out, then I ask for upper deck and was told that it was not open, I was told the cheapest tickets available were terraca boxes at $18 at piece. At that point we could not dissapoint the kids and we paid $18 a piece for the tickets. This is totally ridiculous then we look out in the outfield and the fish tank was half empty thrghout the game and the outfield reserve was 3/4 full. If this the way they are trying to attract fans to their games this is the last time that I try going to game that is not in my season package.

Does anybody has David Sampson's Email I would like to send him an email on this subject.

Just because the seats are empty doesn't mean that they aren't sold. The seats were most likely sold to a large group (company or something) and the people did not show up. That sucks when that happens, but i'm sure that they were not ripping you off. They just did not have the seats to sell you.

From a business stand point it doesn't make much sense to open the upper level to accommodate an extra 100 or so people when they still had seats available on the lower level. As for a discount, i'm sure the team's position would be that kids are given a discount on the lower level seats but on this night they were sold out and the discount is based on availability. That's not to say, of course, that if you write to the team they won't try to make it up to you in some way.

I have the Saturday 20 game package for my family in the Club Level but this week I decided to take my son some of his friends and friends fathers (total of 5 kids and 4 adults) to last nites game against Pittsburg. I figured we get there and just purchase fish tank tickets when I got to the ticket window but I was told that the fish tank was sold out, then I ask for outfield reserve and was told they were sold out, then I ask for upper deck and was told that it was not open, I was told the cheapest tickets available were terraca boxes at $18 at piece. At that point we could not dissapoint the kids and we paid $18 a piece for the tickets. This is totally ridiculous then we look out in the outfield and the fish tank was half empty thrghout the game and the outfield reserve was 3/4 full. If this the way they are trying to attract fans to their games this is the last time that I try going to game that is not in my season package.

Does anybody has David Sampson's Email I would like to send him an email on this subject.

446803[/snapback]

You are aware that you are allowed to trade in your season tickets for another game. As long as you give the Marlins 7 days notice (IIRC), they'll do that for you.

It was raining VERY heavily all around South Florida before the game, because of this i'm sure many people that did have tickets decided to just stay home and not chance it with the weather. So yes, i'm sure the Fish tank was completely sold out, it's just many people decided not to go because of the weather.

I have the Saturday 20 game package for my family in the Club Level but this week I decided to take my son some of his friends and friends fathers (total of 5 kids and 4 adults) to last nites game against Pittsburg.? I figured we get there and just purchase fish tank tickets when I got to the ticket window but I was told that the fish tank was sold out, then I ask for outfield reserve and was told they were sold out, then I ask for upper deck and was told that it was not open, I was told the cheapest tickets available were terraca boxes at $18 at piece.? At that point we could not dissapoint the kids and we paid $18 a piece for the tickets.? This is totally ridiculous then we look out in the outfield and the fish tank was half empty thrghout the game and the outfield reserve was 3/4 full.? If this the way they are trying to attract fans to their games this is the last time that I try going to game that is not in my season package.

446803[/snapback]

You are aware that you are allowed to trade in your season tickets for another game. As long as you give the Marlins 7 days notice (IIRC), they'll do that for you.

446878[/snapback]

Yes I know about trading tickets but this was just an additional game that we wanted to attend.

I don't mind paying the $18 for the adults but $18 a piece for five 5 & 6 year olds when the price for kids tickets infish tank is $3 and in outfield reserve and upper deck is $6 is ridiculous when the crowd is only 15,000.

446878[/snapback]

I've exchanged tickets up to 48 hours in advance many times, the 7 days notice is more of just a courtesy than anything. I do know that they're much more lenient with season ticket holders that have bigger ticket plans.

It's a CONSPIRACY.

446884[/snapback]

I agree because the same exact thing happned to me on Monday, we wanted 3 tickets and they said the Fish Tank and Outfield Reserved were sold out when there was only 13k at the game. So we sat in the terrace box also, which were pretty good seats but I hate having to turn to the side to watch and then you have heads in your way.

Outfield Reserved and Fish Tank nearly always have the "SOLD OUT" sign close to game time. When I went to Friday and Saturday games, I went in RIGHT as the gates opened and purchased tickets (the parking gates) ... they weren't sold out then. But later when I went to the gate to enter stadium they were. I got row 5 in Outfield Reserved, and Club C (those are great) row 1. And those were gameday tickets (for the weekend)..

I was forced to sit in the infield box when outfield was "sold out" but the seats sucked. I couldn't see the damn batter, so I couldn't get mad at the ump for making a bad ball/strike call.

447867[/snapback]

What part of the infield box did you get that you couldn't see the batter? I always sit in infield box, but I call ticketmaster and request the sections over the dugouts. Last time I went, July 4th, I got row 8 which is the row in back of the founders club. I silently revelled in the fact that the people sitting in front of me paid twice as much for their tickets.

I have to sit within the diamond..it is a compulsion.

I was forced to sit in the infield box when outfield was "sold out" but the seats sucked.? I couldn't see the damn batter, so I couldn't get mad at the ump for making a bad ball/strike call.

447867[/snapback]

What part of the infield box did you get that you couldn't see the batter? I always sit in infield box, but I call ticketmaster and request the sections over the dugouts. Last time I went, July 4th, I got row 8 which is the row in back of the founders club. I silently revelled in the fact that the people sitting in front of me paid twice as much for their tickets.

447891[/snapback]

so row 8 is the first row of infield reserved? That's where I plan to get, above the dugout (Marlins) row 8..hehe

I was forced to sit in the infield box when outfield was "sold out" but the seats sucked.? I couldn't see the damn batter, so I couldn't get mad at the ump for making a bad ball/strike call.

447867[/snapback]

447891[/snapback]

so row 8 is the first row of infield reserved? That's where I plan to get, above the dugout (Marlins) row 8..hehe

448304[/snapback]

Yep. Try for Sec 144. That's what I go for.

446803[/snapback]

Most likely it was sold out. I was on my way to my seat when this weird guy out of nowhere goes "OMg, I'm so tired. I bought 15 tickets just to get these hats, but I got the cheap ones that are only 6 bucks" That meaning the Fiah Tank. The guy was coming in and out, in and out just to get the WS cap. And he was beathing HEAVILY. lol. So some people are suckers for giveaways... :confused

446803[/snapback]

Most likely it was sold out. I was on my way to my seat when this weird guy out of nowhere goes "OMg, I'm so tired. I bought 15 tickets just to get these hats, but I got the cheap ones that are only 6 bucks" That meaning the Fiah Tank. The guy was coming in and out, in and out just to get the WS cap. And he was beathing HEAVILY. lol. So some people are suckers for giveaways... :confused

448332[/snapback]

What an idiot! Why didn't he buy $3 Kids Fish Tank seats? They never check.