Don't Look Now....But....

Craig

The NL Central is turning into a runaway.

The Cardinals win today over the Cubs puts them 8 clear of the Reds and Cubs, and 9 ahead of Houston and Milwaukee.

The NL Central has a good shot at getting the wild card this year, but if the Cardinals keep winning, they could clinch the division before Labor Day.

I am sure the Cardinals can't keep playing THIS well, but at the same time they could build a lead that is simply too big to overcome in that division with the way they are playing right now.

Everyone wrote them off with The Stro's offseason additions, The Cubs and what they built on. I myself was one of those people.

I'm not going to pretend that I don't hold a grudge against Rolen so I could never find myself to cheer them on.

The odd thing is that due to the schudule, the Cubs and Cardinals only have 2 games against each other after the break,and those 2 games are in late July, so the 2 squads don't play at all in August or September.

In other words, the Cubs are going to need to play extremely well and have the Cardinals flatline in order to catch them.

As for the Brewers and Reds, I see them both as .500 teams anyway, and things just aren't working out at all in Houston. So if the Cardinals do run away with the Central, it wouldn't surprise me.

Everyone wrote them off with The Stro's offseason additions, The Cubs and what they built on. I myself was one of those people.

I'm not going to pretend that I don't hold a grudge against Rolen so I could never find myself to cheer them on.

450762[/snapback]

The cubs have 68 games after the they are finished with the Cards.... If the Cards maintain an 8 game lead through the next Cubs series, And play .500 ball in the remaining games; The Cubs would need to finish the season, 42-26 to catch the Cards.

I think(hopeing) that the Cards will eventually cool off and their pitching will show its true colors, the only problem is by that point it may be to big of a run-away for anyone to catch them. To be honest with you as a Reds fan right now I am paying more attention to the NL wildcard and less attention to the NL Central. Maybe the Reds can pull a Marlins from last year. That is come out of nowhere get the Wildcard and win the WS! Unlikely Yes, impossible, no! :thumbup

Sweet Sig the cheat. Who made it?

452018[/snapback]

I made it... I have the name 'The Cheat' on about 5 other boards.... I made this one when somebody started heckling me about the White Sox...

The name actually refers to this guy

452068[/snapback]

Would you mind making me one please?

452104[/snapback]

I'm out of the business of making sigs anymore....sorry.

I think(hopeing) that the Cards will eventually cool off and their pitching will show its true colors, the only problem is by that point it may be to big of a run-away for anyone to catch them. To be honest with you as a Reds fan right now I am paying more attention to the NL wildcard and less attention to the NL Central. Maybe the Reds can pull a Marlins from last year. That is come out of nowhere get the Wildcard and win the WS! Unlikely Yes, impossible, no! :thumbup

451986[/snapback]

I honestly dont think we will, but we will be hit with an injury thats why we have to make a trade for another starter imho. Anyways, our pitching was suppose to cool off a long time ago, has it happened? They keep going out there every game and giving us a chance to win which I love unlike last year (Morris, Williams, Tomko, Stephenson, Haren/Calero/Fassero). We dont have the big name pitchers but that doesnt matter when you have a pitching staff like we assembled this year.

But yea goodluck to the Reds/Brewers/Astros/Pirates fans because if there's one thing I cant stand it's the Cubs in the playoffs as a Cardinals fan so somehow keep them outta this year's playoffs.

Although I would like an NLCS of Chicago @ St Louis :blink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.