Stadium stuff From start Of Season

CapeFish

At the start of the season when the fish hired the two ad agencies, MLB and the Fish commisioned two studies to be done.

1-How to make PRO PLAYER better for baseball.

2-Potential Sites and sources of revenue for a new facility in SoFLA.

These are due by the All-star Break. Has anyone heard any more news or even remember these? They kept it hush hush, and MLB had two panels to do each study.

No, you need to build the stadium where the people are willing to go. What good is a new stadium if nobody goes to it. That's what will happen if we build it in the middle of nowhere. But you're right, we just need a stadium so we can stay around for the next 30 years.

I think the best spots for the stadium would be in the Bicentenial Park or whatever, right next to the water, or in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, so it would ve more in between all of its fans, that are mostly in dade and Palm Beach, plus obviously Broward, where the stadium would be.

I think the parcel of land on the Turnpike and US 27 (Okeechobee Road) Exit where the cows graze is best. Metro rail will expand by there because of the PTP. Metrorail will have a new addition that will follow the Turnpike extension from the golden glades to US 1 in florida city. US 27 can have you in palm beach in about 1 hour, broward in 30 minutes. (i used to live in broward and used this rout to get to palm beach, dade and pro player, it works) It is also just miles from pro player, but available for development of a ballpark village like in san diego. Downtown might be too developed for it too built there cheaply. Most fans live in hialeah, pembroke pines, hollywood, weston, south dade, kendall, and other suburbs, not the city center down there.

It would be like the Panther arena was a few years back. NICE, CLOSE, AND FREE FROM CLUTTER! Perfect for development of the Marlins Ballpark and Marlins Mills Mall (When Henry owned fish mills corp. owners of sawgrass mills made that offer, he turned down b/c not enough for him to get-henry is such a loser!)

I've even heard whispers about a location near the Miami Arena lately.

Honestly I don't know what's the problem with the current location. There are almost no traffic problems getting in and out of the stadium, it's right off the turnpike, and it's in a good central location for the entire tri-county area. If it's in south dade, then no one from broward or palm beach will make the trip. I don't think the fan base is necessarily in south dade.

I do agree that a metrorail attachment to a new stadium would be a good thing. Isn't most of this metrorail expansion talk still just a proposal?

For me in Fort Myers I take Palm Beach Blvd. to US 27 in South Bay and take it stright down to the Ballpark about 2 hours 15 min and about 158 miles or so. Perfect drive of florida's natural farm lands.

Ahh... State Road 80 (Palm Beach Blvd.)... so you go through La Belle and Clewiston...

Us 27 and the Turnpike isn't in south dade, it's about five miles southwest of Pro Player. IT is easy for the tricounty area because us 27 reaches the hearts of all three counties easily. The turnpike reaches the other side of the heart of the three counties. Look at the dade county transit map above.

Us 27 and the Turnpike isn't in south dade, it's about five miles southwest of Pro Player. IT is easy for the tricounty area because us 27 reaches the hearts of all three counties easily. The turnpike reaches the other side of the heart of the three counties. Look at the dade county transit map above.

Turnpike doesn't reach South Dade? Doesn't it end at Florida City...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.