USA vs. Italy

Izzie

i dont like the makeup of the US team.

but with Admin brown and pop coaching this team.....they should do well.

i wonder if you will see the US team truly buy into the defensive principles these two set forth.....that will be interesting...

i just saw one dood gambling for a steal and then giving up a wide open 3...horrible defense.

iverson is s***ty defensively...he needs to find a way to stay in front of his man.

marion is slow to rotate...but he hasnt seemed to have gotten burnt too much...

the problem with teh US offensively is that

a) they cant shoot

b) they are spending too much time on the perimeter.

c) they are neglecting their top player and not getting him more involved in teh offense.

wow, I'm confident that they can rebound and will bring home gold because they do have the right men on the bench for them but how about showing a little guts?

The Italians clearly want this game more and we're in times now where simple player dominance is not enough and some of these guys can't get it through their heads.

we arent playing as a team...there are too many egos on this team and players that simply need to buy into a team concept.

talent wise...the US has more talent, well except from the perimeter....

the US needs to focus on screening, cutting and penetrating...thats where their true strength is.

I think the US team totally underestimated this Italy team, they look lost out there.

2 walks already called on Wade, haha. Certainly different from the NBA where you can travel 3 times a game and you'd be shocked to be called on it once.

Anyways, our shooting is sucking ass. How about some inside game here?

boozer is playing like crap.

and his defense is just as bad.

i swear half these players have no clue what team oriented basketball is.

you see carmelo taking it in isolation basically with 3 men draped on him...smart.

i will give wade credit...he has been playing pressure defense and penetrating the defense looking for a cutter. thats what this team needs to do more of.

the US has no passion for defense.

they are looking lazy defensively, they are gambling too much, not rotating, not helping their man out defensively.

thats not how you win games.

marion looks like crap. he needs to keep his eyes open and catch a pass that would result in an easy dunk.

too much isolation offensively...towards the end of the half they have shown a little more movement offensively...but they need a hell of a lot more.

boozer is playing like crap.

and his defense is just as bad.

491747[/snapback]

I'm still stuck on how he got that contract, he must have one hell of an agent. But hey, whatever floats Utah's boat.

41-35 at halftime, we have some work to do.

I say stop with that perimeter game s***, it's surely not working.

Get Wade out there for the inside dishes to the big guys and we shall be set.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.