For those worried about Lo Duca leaving...

Here's my 2005 team:

Redmond (1.25), Willingham (.4), Conine (4.75), Castillo (5.33), Lowell (8), Gonzalez (3.4), Pierre (3.4), Cabrera (.7), Aguila (.4), Treanor/Castro (.4), Mordi (.5), cheap outfielder (1.5)

Pavano (7), Burnett (4.5), Beckett (4), Willis (.6), Wayne (.4), Bump (.4)Mota (3.25), Howard (.4), Spooney (.45)

Fill in the bench with other minor leagues and spring training invites.

Total cost + Hampton/Pudge: 64.03

494385[/snapback]

What a great team that is!!

We'll win maybe 70 games with that teams

Here's my 2005 team:

Redmond (1.25), Willingham (.4), Conine (4.75), Castillo (5.33), Lowell (8), Gonzalez (3.4), Pierre (3.4), Cabrera (.7), Aguila (.4), Treanor/Castro (.4), Mordi (.5), cheap outfielder (1.5)

Pavano (7), Burnett (4.5), Beckett (4), Willis (.6), Wayne (.4), Bump (.4)Mota (3.25), Howard (.4), Spooney (.45)

Fill in the bench with other minor leagues and spring training invites.

Total cost + Hampton/Pudge: 64.03

494385[/snapback]

Don't forget that we would probably be able to get pretty good value if we trade Lo Duca, and would probably be able to fill in that vacant outfield or 5th starter slot with young cheap players in that trade.

Yep. I was looking through the White Sox, Dodgers and others' farm systems yesterday. Didn't want to mention any names though. You know how the board is. The quality of prospects will depend on how little our chances to resign him are. With the new stadium and a lot of free agents leaving it could other teams (and Marlins fans) that we could resign him. It's up to Beinfest to swindle another Choi or Murphy out of some unsuspecting GM.