Dontrelle an All-Star!?

Wild Card

that may screw Sea Bass...

unless this team goes on a MAJOR role

:shifty

I'm just hoping Pudge DOESN'T get voted in, because he doesn't deserve it. Javy does. And we have three (really four if you count Redman) that deserve to be in the AS game, but one won't make it if he does... I hope for Alex and/or Dontrelle that Pudge losses the voting to Javy...

Kirkjan...Jerkjan. Lowell, Gonzalez, Willis, Redman, Pudge, and Maybe Catsillo will all go. Dusty ain't stupid, he wants his league (and maybe his team) to have home field advantage in the World series. He will take a team that wins. By the way, haven't they expanded the rosters this years mostly for pitching?

Kirkjan...Jerkjan. Lowell, Gonzalez, Willis, Redman, Pudge, and Maybe Catsillo will all go

Redman wont go for sure. There are alot better pitchers that are having good seasons that will go. Castillo is doing good and i dont think he will go. Willis has a chance to go but needs to win a couple of more games...

I say will because my confidence in them being selected is real high. Saying should is hopeful, not confident.

Dusty will need someone who can throw well for several innings and can pitch against the AL very well. Redman has pitched extremely well in pressure situations this year.

Dusty will need someone who can throw for a couple of innings?????? Have you ever seen an All-star game? They usually have about 10 pitchers to pitch the 9 innings. Each pitcher is lucky if he can go 1 innings, the starter usually goes 2. As for 5/6 all-stars from a 4th place team, thats just hilarious. Of course they all deserve it, but Im sure if you asked fans from all the teams who deserves to go, the list would be about 150 players. I think 2 or 3 is much more likely.

Redman is nice and dandy but he only gots 5 wins!! his innings numbers dont look great since he was injured. Hes also a soft thrower and the juiced AL guys will hammer him.

hey wild card, what kinda fan are you? you say you hope pudge doesnt go? we did pay 10 mil, he better represent us in the All star game as a catcher at least. even if he doesnt deserve it, look at lowell? the all star game is already messed up with the votes and selig, you should be happy that a marlin is going no matter if hes worthy or not. if other teams have non deserving players, why cant we?

I am one fan you definately cannot question. I'll definately be happy if Pudge does get voted in, but frankly I hope he doesn't. If Pudge gets voted in, either Alex or D-Train will not be in the AS game.

I would definately be happy if Pudge gets in, but I would rather Alex or D-Train be there before him...

and for the record, Mark Redman's numbers are awesome

willis' numbers are better and hes pitched less innings. All that matters for the ASG is wins, ERA. Redman just gots the ERA while willis gots everything. If Willis doesnt make it, then what makes you think redman will? i never said that...

it wont hurt their opportunitys.

0o0o0o0 yes it will... Because we are a losing team and not the Yankees, we can't get who ever is doing well enough on the team. Willis and Alex have been utterly amazing to this point, but if Pudge makes the AS game one of those two won't, unless we go on the ultimate tear and are 5 games over . 500 by the time Dusty chooses the roster...

I know it sucks but it's the truth... :angry :banghead :thumbdown

You guys also forget that each team must have at least one All-star so some deserving guys will have to get pushed out to let some guy from the mets go. Probably Cliff. Thats the reason A.Gon went to the all-star game in 99' rememeber?

BTW: is true not every pitcher gets to go in the game For example Dempster was an all-star in 00' but neve got in the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.