Moving Cabrera or Lowell down in the lineup

Accord

Now before you start calling me crazy, just read what i've got to say first! It's no secret that the bottom of our lineup on average is anemic to say the least, so why not follow in the path of the Braves and put one of our most valuable hitters such as Cabrera or Lowell down in the lineup batting 7th or something of that sort, like Andruw Jones? Andruw Jones could very well hit in the 3-hole or cleanup, but Bobby Cox has him batting in the bottom half of the lineup for the very purpose of bolstering that portion or the order and it has undoubtedly worked.

Discuss!

Guest FishFanInPA

So your thinkin something like

JP, Luis, Lo Duca, Mikey, Niner, Gonzo, Cabs, Enc, Pitcher.....

I could see it but I think he needs to stay where he is for the RBI opps....you could move one of the speedsters to 8th and maybe that would work.

So your thinkin something like

JP, Luis, Lo Duca, Mikey, Niner, Gonzo, Cabs, Enc, Pitcher.....

I could see it but I think he needs to stay where he is for the RBI opps....you could move one of the speedsters to 8th and maybe that would work.

512473[/snapback]

Yeah, something like that. Just imagine the breakout year Gonzo would have offensively if Cabs or Lowell were protecting him.

No Agon, would still look awful in many of his at bats because usually he is not a patient hitter and swings at pitches outside the strikezone. There would be no point for opposing pitchers to change the way they pitch to him because Cabs would be up next. Plus who the hell is going to knock Cabs in? It equivalent of Choi being in the bottom part of the lineup earlier in the year

Guest Juanky

I'd just flip flop Niner and Cabs honestly, though the lineup presented earlier here is good.

It might look like weakening the center of the lineup, but that part isn't exactly on fire. Most nights recently Lowell and Cabs have been back to back automatics. Separating them might help them as much as it helps the O in general.

If you are gonna move em it should look like this:

1. Juan Pierre

2. Luis Castillo

3. Paul Lo Duca

4. Mike Lowell

5. Jeff Conine

6. Alex Gonzalez

7. Miguel Cabrera

8. Juan Encarnacion

512586[/snapback]

Alex doesn't get on base enough to be batting 6th ahead of Cabrera. Your lineup looks good except i'd switch Seabass and Encarnacion.

1. Juan Pierre

2. Luis Castillo

3. Paul Lo Duca

4. Mike Lowell

5. Jeff Conine

6. Juan Encarnacion

7. Miguel Cabrera

8. Alex Gonzalez

Pointless. The 6-7-8 spots in the order last night were Conine, Aguila, Gonzo.

I'd be perfectly happy with that tonight.

The bottom of the lineup is not anemic. Gonzo leads NL shortstops in homers & RBIs, Conine is as hot as he's been all year. What's the problem there?

512603[/snapback]

Absolutely nothing.

But my lineup is what I would like to see if Jack actually did move them.