dolfinfan305

Guest FishFanInPA

1-run games, late - Benitez, Mota

Stopper - Seanez

Lefties - Perisho

Long - Manzy, Bump

Bullpen practice - Koch (unfortunetly)

513563[/snapback]

your ridiculous......Manzy is bullpen practice and so is Bump....Koch needs to be in there in big situations..if your gonna give Bump these big situations, Koch needs to be in.

Stopper - Seanez

Lefties - Perisho

Long - Manzy, Bump

513563[/snapback]

your ridiculous......Manzy is bullpen practice and so is Bump....Koch needs to be in there in big situations..if your gonna give Bump these big situations, Koch needs to be in.

513585[/snapback]

Since when is long relief pitching in big situations? Koch will be used in the late innings when Seanez, Mota, or Benitez need a rest.

Stopper - Seanez

Lefties - Perisho

Long - Manzy, Bump

513563[/snapback]

513585[/snapback]

PERISHO SUCKS SHOULDN'T EVEN BE INCLUDED..AND YOU DON'T LIKE KOCH?! LMAO

Anybody have a clue on whats up Phelps? From what I know he was rehabbing in the minors.......

513640[/snapback]

He hasn't been rehabbing. I haven't heard anything on him in a long time. I'm not expecting him to comeback, but I'll keep an eye out for him in the minors.

One guy that just came off the DL today in Albuquerque was Frank Gracesqui. It'll be interesting to see if he can come back strong after missing so much time. We could possibly see him up here if he pitches well.

Down with Nate Bump....too many close calls for him not to get in trouble soon.

513565[/snapback]

Gee I would think you would be more supportive of Bump, him being from PA. Of course he's from northern PA and I guess you city types think he's just a hick, huh?

513585[/snapback]

If I had my way Koch would be right up there with Seanez and Mota, but Jack must think his name is Justin Wayne or something because he's being stuck with weekly mop-up duty.

The bullpen is very good, unbelievably good, but it's not like the old bullpen was costing us too many games or that we couldn't win last year with only Urbina and Fox decent down the stretch. A bullpen that can turn games into 7-inning contests is nice to have, but I'd much rather have an offense that can put some runs on the board or a starting pitching that can shut down the opposition for 7 innings every 5th day.

Let me underscore Rferry's statement: Koch has MORE talent than Uggy and Fox combined. This is a guy who was one of the most dominant closers in the game at one point - logging 40 saves. You dont do that by luck. And Koch would be my 7th inning reliever and on occasion, I would use him to either spell Mota, or in place of Mota so that Benitez could get a rest while Mota closes.

Of course, I disagree with Rferry and think that this trade was a very good one and will go a long way towards getting us back to the playoffs.

One thing is for sure, the pen is MUCH better and puts less pressure on our starters to go 7+. As a result, the starters could be more fresh come playoff time. I would like to see our starters be more consistent and go 7IP though. Either way, bullpen this year is superior to our bullpen last year.

eat crow? like fran said, 6-7.

Plus, no one questioned the bullpen's improvement. Our questions were starting pitching (which has been stellar late...I knew a lot depended on how Valdez would do), and offense.

But, instead of turning this into a trade thread (yet another)...I will definitely say that the pen has improved, and I do feel much more comfortable when we get the lead come 7th inning.

Stopper - Seanez

Lefties - Perisho

Long - Manzy, Bump

513563[/snapback]

513585[/snapback]

Yeah, Koch just can't throw strikes sometimes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.