Seanez-Mota-Benitez

Iowa

If so, let me know

What can you say about Rudy? The guy has been awesome for us this year.

Eidt - sorry, didnt see other thread.

513583[/snapback]

Well, they've yet to actually pitch in that order, so I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

But on paper, I like it. A lot.

Seanez-Mota-Benitez is our new 1-2-3 combo.

It appeared as if McKeon would have a chance to exercise his new bullpen knockout punch for the first time when his team led, 4-1, heading into the ninth inning on Saturday. But after Mota worked the eighth and the Marlins put together a seven-run rally, Armando Benitez wasn't needed to collect his first save since returning from the disabled list on Thursday.

"I'd love to see it every night, that means we're ahead," McKeon said of a Mota-Benitez closure. "And the way it is right now, we've got [Rudy] Seanez for seven. So we have seven, eight and nine [covered]. We're almost to the point where we were last year at this time when we had [Chad] Fox come in doing the bulk of the work."

Fox, whose right elbow inflammation will keep him out for the year, signed on to the World Champion Marlins on Aug. 8, 2003, and shored up a bullpen in the season's waning moments last year.

"We picked up [ugueth] Urbina and Fox, and they made our bullpen. This year we pick up Seanez and Mota, we're almost in the same situation. It'd be nice to have those guys all year ... we could have done a lot more."

Mota, who entered Sunday with seven innings as a Marlin, had allowed one run on four hits, picking up one save while serving as temporary closer in Benitez's absence.

"I've been doing that for the last three years, that's nothing new," Mota said of his return to the familiar setup role in front of a dominating closer.

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...s_fla&fext=.jsp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.