All but mathematically eliminated...

AGonzalez11

After losing two of three to the Giants, we're now seven games back of the wild card. Meaning if the Cubs go .500 the rest of the way (which is being optimistic, chances are they do much better than that) Florida would have to go 27-9 the rest of the way. Call me a nonbeliever if you wish, but I just don't see this happening.

That being said, I'm still going to root for the fish to no end -- just not going to give my hopes up over something that's not likely to happen.

This series was pretty much the dagger.

You aren't catching the Braves, and the Cubs play NOBODY with exception of their 6 against you.

I know you all are very optimistic and all, but be real this is done, it's not like last year where you had 4 months to catch up, in this case, you have about 4 weeks.

Go ahead and rip me, quote me, whatever....but deep down, you know i'm right.

Maggs you change your stance like the others here.

You say whatever the latest results state so that you have the best chance of being right.

This series was pretty much the dagger.

You aren't catching the Braves, and the Cubs play NOBODY with exception of their 6 against you.

I know you all are very optimistic and all, but be real this is done, it's not like last year where you had 4 months to catch up, in this case, you have about 4 weeks.

Go ahead and rip me, quote me, whatever....but deep down, you know i'm right.

528015[/snapback]

Your worng wrong wrong wrong we will win mark my words!!!

We suck :crying

I'm sorry but some of you guys are making me sick with your unrealistic optimism.

Don't get me wrong, I hope someway somehow we make it to the postseason but you guys are making it sound like its some piece of cake. "Oh we just have to win the next series blah blah blah"......um we've been saying that for like the past month, it's getting old. And what the hell is up with this "oh yeah we're gonna pwn the braves and win 2/3".....who are we to talk s*** about the braves, theyre the one PWNING us in the standings and they don't exactly lose much these days. Not to mention like 3736 teams are in front of us in the WC standings.

Hey, if the Fish make the playoffs...you can quote me and joke's on me, I'll admit I was wrong or whatever but some of you have your head so far stuck up your ass that you forget that us winning (which we're not doing anyway) isn't the only thing that will get us there, there's other teams too you know.

/endrant

have a nice day :)

Maggs you change your stance like the others here.

You say whatever the latest results state so that you have the best chance of being right.

528020[/snapback]

Ugh....

I said after you all won 4 in a row that you had a shot.....now your 7 back, falling back to .500, and have to catch a team who plays nobody the rest of the year, as well as pass several others, to get the wildcard.

So i'm a windsock all of a sudden?? Please.....your just angry that I bring reality to this site's world of blind belief in a lost cause.

Here's the biggest problem. Have you seen the Cubs remaining schedule?

Next series is against Houston, but after that their next 9 series are against:

Marlins (twice)

Mets

Expos (twice)

Reds (twice)

Pirates (twice)

So besides our head-to-head games, they've got a cakewalk.

The schedule makers sure did them a favor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.