University of Miami

MiamiFishFan

i went to UF its a great school and if you really want to say that u really lived the college life that were i recomend you go...my cousin now goes to um transfered from UF and he loves it...he left Uf cause he got home sick not that he didnt like the school...i suggest you sit down with people that can really help you and know about the field you want to get into so u make the right desision...trust me sometimes its very hard i remember when i made my choice i had to pick between Notre Dame,UM miami,UM Michigan,and UF...i picked UF i had the time of my life..good luck with your decision kid..

I went to UM for Political Science, couldn't tell you much about their sports management program. But I would think with the attention that most of their sports programs get that it would be a pretty good place for it.

Consider costs if it's an issue, Miami's a lot of money. Even with scholarships & grants I had a lot of loans to pay off.

UM is great, there isn't a huge student body but if you're living on campus there's a nice community feel. FIU meanwhile is just massive, a lot of students live off campus (true with UM too).

I've heard a lot of good things about FIU as well though, I don't think you can go wrong. Maybe not as "prestigious" as UM, but still a good school.

And if you'd consider getting away from home a little, think about UF which is also a great school. Again, I couldn't tell you about their sports management progream though.

Talk to some people in each school's sports management programs & get a feel for them.

Good luck!

FIU is great. Only been there a while, and it's a little bit of a different experience for me because I know basically half the school, but it's fun nonetheless. I'm going for political science though so I don't think I could tell you much about Sports Management, though I'm thinking of minoring in it.

Parking is a bitch though.

As far as UM goes, I would have gone if I had the money, but I just didn't. My mom always tells me FIU now is what UM was in the early 80's. It's very up and coming and should be a very good school in years to come. Also, for those going for business, it's probably the place to be in the state.

i went to UM for undergrad and majored in biology, and right now i go to UM's med school.

i can tell you that my undergraduate "experience" was awesome. the campus is great, the city is cool, the sports kick ass, the atmosphere rules, the girls are exponentially hotter than any you'll find at almost any other school, and all-in-all, i had tons of fun.

that said, i don't know why anyone would want to go to UM without some hefty scholarships/financial aid. the academics aren't commensurate with the hemorrhaging tuition you'll have to pay. i'd say most any public school is a better buy if you're not getting a serious discount at UM.

either way, if you're picking between UM and FIU, i don't think you'll have any regrets if you end up choosing UM.

UM #1? who would wanna go to a school that has the word GAYtors in there name

552456[/snapback]

Because its not about football or Gaytors or whatever, its about where you're gonna spend 4 years and have a better education.

552502[/snapback]

thanks for having a brain and sticking to the thread...

Guest marlins02

my friend goes to UM for architure and i havent heard any complaints from him expect for the cost. he gets financial aid but it still costs him.

I just started my 3rd year at FIU and i like it (except for some things like the new computer system they installed. i f***ing hate it). its not the traditional college experience but i like the environment. parking's a bitch though like juanky said.

im studying tv production so i really cant tell you anything about sports management there though.

max and truefan could probably tell you more about FIU since they graduated and got more into it than i have so far.

Guest marlins02

UM #1 who would wanna go to a school that has the word GAYtors in there name

552456[/snapback]

dude i seriously considered going to FSU and i hate the noles. you dont make that decision based on athletic teams.

552456[/snapback]

dude i seriously considered going to FSU and i hate the noles. you dont make that decision based on athletic teams.

553398[/snapback]

I don't like FSU other than for their music program. I wouldn't base my criteria for a school on sports teams though. And FSU isn't that bad of a school, but I know that is not for me as I include cold weather in my criteria.

Guest marlins02

552456[/snapback]

553398[/snapback]

I don't like FSU other than for their music program. I wouldn't base my criteria for a school on sports teams though. And FSU isn't that bad of a school, but I know that is not for me as I include cold weather in my criteria.

553422[/snapback]

i didnt end up going because i really didnt want to leave home at the time. if i had to make the decision all over again though i probably wouldve tried it out and then transfer if i didnt like it.

i wanted to go to UM but the cost is f***ing insane and my grades werent good enough.

UM is a good school, just expensive. I am in the Sport Management program at UF and it is very up and coming. Plus, :cough: the UF Athletic Association is better than UM's...Connections at UF are very respectable. I'm working in the ticket office at "the swamp" right now and I'm gaining great experience.

UM is a good school, just expensive. I am in the Sport Management program at UF and it is very up and coming. Plus, :cough: the UF Athletic Association is better than UM's...Connections at UF are very respectable. I'm working in the ticket office at "the swamp" right now and I'm gaining great experience.

553482[/snapback]

what is the job market like for sports management majors?