Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Expos series

Featured Replies

I'm concerned. The expos have been playing a lot better and roughed us up in key series. I keep thinking about how if the last couple series with them were reversed, we'd have the WC lead..

I just want to win the series. Friggin' last place teams love kicking our asses.

I agree ... dont get so confident here, the expos have been playing really well and showing that at least they are trying ... they gave the cubs a run for their money in chicago, the battled well against the braves and the same thing against the phills

 

 

careful ... lets take it one game at the time

 

also ... can we rest some players for this series

 

maybe lowell, dookie, conine, and castillo ... give some guys some playing time. Mordy looked like me facing randy johnson in his sole PH appearance, I wouldnt want that to happen if he to play a full game or come up later on in a tough situation

If we play like we have lately, we'll be fine. I say 4/5 atleast.....And is Logan pitching the second game of the double header again?

Part of the Expos' success had been their ridiculous home record. Since getting past Puerto Rico they went on 10-3 tear at the Big O in Montreal. Although recently they've gone 5-8 at home, and just dropped three straight at Atlanta.

 

Montreal is a team you can't take lightly. They have a good lineup and starters that will go deep in games and mask their less than stellar bullpen.

 

We need to execute and manufacture runs. Lowell's power is down the second half. LoDuca is in his regular second half spiral. We can't wait on the home run. If we're going to win it's up to the entire order to pick up that clutch hit and drive in the runner from second.

If we play like we have lately, we'll be fine. I say 4/5 atleast.....And is Logan pitching the second game of the double header again?

555175[/snapback]

According to a MLB.com article, Bump is the favorite with Ben Howard and David Weathers also being considered.

 

 

Mordy looked like me facing randy johnson in his sole PH appearance, I wouldnt want that to happen if he to play a full game or come up later on in a tough situation[/quote

When Mike Mordecai starts we score an average of 6.4 runs per game. :)

I'm not taking the Expos lightly. They're playing good baseball, so I just hope the Marlins swing the bat good.

Crap. Didn't realize this was a predictions thread. I had been avoiding these during our win streak. f---.

LoDuca is in his regular second half spiral. We can't wait on the home run. 555206[/snapback]

 

Man, you've got a real hard-on for LoDuca...

 

Anybody know the pitching matchups vs. Montreal? Armas started today and Livan last night for the Expos. Livan threw 143 pitches in 6.1 innings of work. I think his arm might ready to fall off soon.

 

:whistle

Fish can't beat Livan. :(

555314[/snapback]

 

The Fish are due to beat Livan. He is wearing down thanks to Frank Robinson.

 

:thumbup

Montreal is a team you can't take lightly. They have a good lineup and starters that will go deep in games and mask their less than stellar bullpen.

555206[/snapback]

I actually like that pen. Cordero, Ayala, Eischen, etc. Got some good quality arms in there.

Montreal is a team you can't take lightly. They have a good lineup and starters that will go deep in games and mask their less than stellar bullpen.

555206[/snapback]

I actually like that pen. Cordero, Ayala, Eischen, etc. Got some good quality arms in there.

555416[/snapback]

 

Yeah, it's a fairly good 'pen but Frank has NO idea how to manage it which reduces it's effectiveness. (well you can say that for every aspect of his managing, as the Livan throwing 140 + pitches example shows)

According to a MLB.com article, Bump is the favorite with Ben Howard and David Weathers also being considered.

No David weathers please. I really hope its either Bump or Howard. Either way the offense needs to step it up during this game.

Expos=bad team

 

SWEEP!

555718[/snapback]

Marlins = Dont play very well against last place teams...

 

That being said, we have been playing really good baseball lately, and remember...we swept the rockies and mets (which arent very good teams). So i really hope we take atleast 4/5! :thumbup

I hate the expos pen, its not bad. A couple series back they hurt us, Ayalas a work horse and can go the 7th and 8th, or even 6th 7th and 8th, Cordero's a much better option for closer than Biddle, Eishen solid lefty. Patterson looked pretty good against us in his last start. IM going to say 3 out of 5

i say we go for 3 or 4 games. they can go for the sweep if they start playing better offense. its ok right now, but i havent seen a homerun for a while

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.