Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WTF!?!?!?! ROSEY WON'T BE BACK NEXT YEAR!!

Featured Replies

I believe Woodson was fired.

581250[/snapback]

Yep- former As catcher Ron Hassey will manage AAA next year.

 

And reading the quotes in the paper, I doubt Rosey will accept the AA position. He sounds like he's done with this organization.

Wow, this is a sight to see.

 

Whatever happened to cries of "this front office can do no wrong!"

 

and "I will always trust the decisions of our front office!" ??

 

Or does that only apply to decisions about players?

580308[/snapback]

 

I was thinking the same thing. Personally, I have no problem with Mckeon having complete autonomy over the coaching staff.

this sucks they should have fired bill robinson.

i say GOOD RIDDANCE ROSEY! beckett under achieved, willis was inconsistent as well as brad when he was here. pitching staff in general under achieved besides pavano who we saw turning around since last year. some pitchers clash with him and he isnt gettin it done. bring in somone else

Rosey taught Penny and Pavano to pitch and made them better pitchers.

Beckett and Burnett never cared to learn.

Willis has changed his windup and landing point every other inning.

Rosey got the bullpen on a serious roll in June and July.

 

He was a good coach.

i say GOOD RIDDANCE ROSEY! beckett under achieved, willis was inconsistent as well as brad when he was here. pitching staff in general under achieved besides pavano who we saw turning around since last year. some pitchers clash with him and he isnt gettin it done. bring in somone else

581846[/snapback]

I agree.

  • Author

i say GOOD RIDDANCE ROSEY! beckett under achieved, willis was inconsistent as well as brad when he was here. pitching staff in general under achieved besides pavano who we saw turning around since last year. some pitchers clash with him and he isnt gettin it done. bring in somone else

581846[/snapback]

:thumbdown

An unrelated note about rferry's favorite trade - I read in the latest issue of ESPN The Mag that the Marlins knew Brad Penny was hurt, and that was why he was dealt (the Dodgers apparently had no idea).

An unrelated note about rferry's favorite trade - I read in the latest issue of ESPN The Mag that the Marlins knew Brad Penny was hurt, and that was why he was dealt (the Dodgers apparently had no idea).

582017[/snapback]

that is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life

 

 

I mean we have a habit of trading arms away who get injured.... well just Dempster but that was a major injury....

 

you would think LA would look into that

An unrelated note about rferry's favorite trade - I read in the latest issue of ESPN The Mag that the Marlins knew Brad Penny was hurt, and that was why he was dealt (the Dodgers apparently had no idea).

582017[/snapback]

that is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life

 

 

I mean we have a habit of trading arms away who get injured.... well just Dempster but that was a major injury....

 

you would think LA would look into that

582023[/snapback]

It's something reported in the part where they are talking about scouts if you don't believe me.

An unrelated note about rferry's favorite trade - I read in the latest issue of ESPN The Mag that the Marlins knew Brad Penny was hurt, and that was why he was dealt (the Dodgers apparently had no idea).

582017[/snapback]

that is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life

 

 

I mean we have a habit of trading arms away who get injured.... well just Dempster but that was a major injury....

 

you would think LA would look into that

582023[/snapback]

It's something reported in the part where they are talking about scouts if you don't believe me.

582027[/snapback]

no, I believe you.... Im asking id DePo and Co are really that stupid

Who knows.

 

Just look at the Mets.

I am not sure if some of the people on this Board even understand what a major league pitching coach does. I have no idea why the FO wants to get rid of Rosenthal, but I will bet you that they have thought it through and that, as a result, the pitching staff will be better next year, and healthier.

 

Some pitching coaches are well-versed in the latest on mechanics, injury prevention and the like, Rosenthal was not, so far as I know or could see in his actions. He was one of those guys who operated on the "baseball lore" he accumulated through his career. If we get another Rosey, we'll be better just because the personality issues will be gone. If we get one of the more sophisticated pitching coaches, who knows the science that will help our staff develop and suffer fewer injuries, it will be a major upgrade over Rosey.

 

Falling in love with particular players is a fan thing, it helps you enjoy following the team, but it is a luxury a mid-market team's FO cannot afford. Falling in love with a particular coach is just idiotic, whether you are a fan or the FO. I am sure none of the Rosey fanatics here can point to a single logical reason he needs to be retained for the team to be successful.

An unrelated note about rferry's favorite trade - I read in the latest issue of ESPN The Mag that the Marlins knew Brad Penny was hurt, and that was why he was dealt (the Dodgers apparently had no idea).

582017[/snapback]

Bill Plaschke and other west coast columnists have been saying this for months. Scouts quoted anonymously as saying his velocity is down from last year. Silly scouts, he pitched much better without overthrowing for the radar gun!

What injuries has Penny had? Very few over the past few years and none reoccuring or considered serious. This year, heat stroke and a brown recluse spider bite before the trade. Plaschke hated the trade. At the time of the trade he was dismissing Penny as a #3/4 starter who rarely played through injuries. If he can't be happy with the Dodgers having a statistically better offense and bullpen, then atleast he can be content that his constant whining has been accepted as fact.

does anyone have a clue who the pitchers were that didn't get along with Rosey?

Seems like Beckett and ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.