BS 2005 Season Ticket Policies

Accord

I just called my season ticket rep, there is no more 41 game flex plan like last year, it's either full 81 game plan, a 41 game weekend (fri, sat, sun) only plan or a 41 game weekday only (mon-thurs) plan, there is no more regular 41 game flex plan. The weekend plan is a lot more expensive than the weekday plan, I think i'm just going to get the weekday 41 game plan and for the games against teams that only once and on a weekend like the Cubs, i'll buy individual tickets.

The 41 game weekend plan in the founders club is almost DOUBLE the price of the 41 game flex plan in the founders club from last year, totally ridiculous. The Marlins already had a hard enough time as it is getting fans to come out last season after a winning the world series, now nobody is going to come out to these games with the major ticket price hikes unless a blockbuster deal is pulled off and we trade our entire starting lineup for Barry Bonds.

I think we can all agree that raising ticket prices now, when you don't want to do anything to agitate a fragile fanbase, is just plain stupid.

583022[/snapback]

Not only that, but they are being very stubborn with these new retarded policies where you can't have the 41 game plan and go to games during weekends and weekdays, it's either one or the other and there is no personal service anymore unless you're a full season ticket holder. They're really cutting back and trying to suck every last penny out of the fans while giving the least amount possible in return, shame on them if they raise ticket prices and don't put a quality team on the field.

I also think it's stupid how the Marlins claim they have the best season ticket holder benefits in all of baseball, that's just not true. Almost every single MLB team (at least the ones that are struggling with bad attendance) include a autograph session with the entire team, the Marlins don't because it "takes too much time." Also, most MLB teams offer 20% discounts to all season ticket holders at all of their merchandise stores in the stadiums... not the Fish. Most MLB teams offer access to their special "club" or "vip area" for season ticket holders... not the Fish. My friend is an Indians season ticket holder and out of the blue they just sent him an autographed Omar Vizquel bat, I wish the Marlins would do something like that.

IIRC they didn't increase prices this past winter.

In the end, attendance means little financially to the Marlins. Its only benefit is to show local politicians that people care about this team. Coming this far already, if they don't have a stadium deal wrapped up by March it's never ever going to happen.

I think we can all agree that raising ticket prices now, when you don't want to do anything to agitate a fragile fanbase, is just plain stupid.

583022[/snapback]

Not only that, but they are being very stubborn with these new retarded policies where you can't have the 41 game plan and go to games during weekends and weekdays, it's either one or the other and there is no personal service anymore unless you're a full season ticket holder. They're really cutting back and trying to suck every last penny out of the fans while giving the least amount possible in return, shame on them if they raise ticket prices and don't put a quality team on the field.

I also think it's stupid how the Marlins claim they have the best season ticket holder benefits in all of baseball, that's just not true. Almost every single MLB team (at least the ones that are struggling with bad attendance) include a autograph session with the entire team, the Marlins don't because it "takes too much time." Also, most MLB teams offer 20% discounts to all season ticket holders at all of their merchandise stores in the stadiums... not the Fish. Most MLB teams offer access to their special "club" or "vip area" for season ticket holders... not the Fish. My friend is an Indians season ticket holder and out of the blue they just sent him an autographed Omar Vizquel bat, I wish the Marlins would do something like that.

583346[/snapback]

Actually, I have three full season seats behind homeplate, and they treat me like crap. They're very impersonal and every time I take an issue with something they do, they just blame the Dolphins. I'm not too happy about them already making up their minds to raise prices when they've yet to make up their mind about raising payroll.

And you're right, just about every established franchise is much much much better when dealing with their established season ticket fan-base. Aside from being closer to the field, there really isn't any incentive to have founders club or infield box season tickets over terrace box or upper deck.

flex packs are foolish anyways. Just get tickets for the games you and you have a flex. Its not like game sell out so you just make your own. Thats why I have never gotten season tickets because there is no need

583511[/snapback]

Foolish of you to get single game tickets. Flex pass tickets could be traded for any game you wanted to and they cost a significant amount less than single game tix.

Now I'd imagine they could only get traded for single game tix of the same category.

Flex packs cost the team money.

583518[/snapback]

Not necessarily...they have attendance for 41 games locked in.

583573[/snapback]

yeah, but the money isn't there.

583589[/snapback]

In the Marlins case, chances are those seats wouldn't have been paid for anyways. Either they go unsold or they are given to the media for promotions.

If the game was sold out, then yes they would lose money.

How do I lose money if I just get fish tank seats for the games I want? I even usually get childrens seats so I dont pay anything to go.

583527[/snapback]

2004 Founders club regular single ticket price: $65

2004 Founders club season ticket price: $41

You do the math.

Flex packs cost the team money.

583518[/snapback]

As opposed to having 20,000 empty seats ... duh. :dork

Like many of you, I was a flex-plan holder. I see less games in my future.

584154[/snapback]

The Flex pass is great because its just crazy for individual ticket holders to go to every home game. Few people live close to PPS and parking is expensive too. :confused

This is not good news....this was the 1st yr I actually invested in Season tickets for the 41 game flex plan of which I split the games and cost with co-worker. I went to about 25 games this year....I thought the post game package was ridiculous also.

You had to buy the entire package of all games up front - a big $$$ down.

But if the 41 game flex is not offered as it was last year, then I foresee not buying season tickets and going to fewer games. That is ridiculous, how do they expect to retain the fan base they are trying to build up. The team just better be competitive for them to be pulling this.