Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Daylights Saving Time

Featured Replies

I can't stand seeing Mr. Sun set before I get home. Pretty lame. Though I do like having the sun wake me up before school.

i love it cuz i get an extra hour of sleep the only thing i dont like is that the sun sets too early

I like getting the extra hour of sleep, but I can't stand the sun going down as early as it does from now until spring....

Daylight Savings time rules because we get an extra hour of sun, I don't wake up early anymore regardless so it not being sunny at 6:30 AM means nothing to me. It sucks we aren't in DST anymore though.

Daylight savings time just ended...

 

/smartass

 

Having the sun set at 6:00pm is sucktastic.

I don't have it? Places that don't have it are? Arizona, Hawaii, and Parts of Indiana?

605338[/snapback]

I guess.

I don't have it? Places that don't have it are? Arizona, Hawaii, and Parts of Indiana?

605338[/snapback]

All of Indiana.

I don't have it? Places that don't have it are? Arizona, Hawaii, and Parts of Indiana?

605338[/snapback]

Random small cities scattered across the South also don't observe it.

I don't have it?? Places that don't have it are?? Arizona, Hawaii, and Parts of Indiana?

605338[/snapback]

All of Indiana.

605368[/snapback]

 

It's only parts of Indiana (albeit most of the state) ... see the below

 

"The statute creates three different time arrangements in the Hoosier State:

 

77 counties (including state capital Indianapolis) are in the Eastern Time Zone but do not change to Daylight time in April; instead they remain on Standard Time all year long; [yellow on map and chart]

 

10 counties -- five near Chicago, IL, and five near Evansville, IN, are in the Central Time Zone and use both Central Standard and Central Daylight; [green on map and chart] and

 

five other counties -- two near Cincinnati, OH, and three near Louisville, KY -- are in the Eastern Time Zone but use both Eastern Standard and Eastern Daylight. [pink on map and chart] "

 

dst

 

Here in AZ we dont' observe which I'm fine with .. can do some screwy things to TV scheduling though .. I didn't like how dark it got as early as it did in other states I've lived

  • 5 months later...

it started to make this poll when i remembered we had one of these

 

sooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

bump

 

I don't like it, as I like to eat when it's dark and im a nighttime kind of person

i agree with heckeroo, i also like the early sunset.

Hate it.

 

When I go to 7:05 Marlins games every week, I don't want the sun up for the first couple innings.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.