Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Smoltz

Featured Replies

Why do most people I talk to think John Smoltz is going to return to being a dominant starter?

 

He's 38 years old and hasn't started a game in 6 years.

 

Last year was the worst year of his career in BAA and his stats were considerably worse after the all-star game.

 

 

I think he'll have a decent season but nothing dominant.

I think his arm falls off by the all star break and he's forced to retire. Biggest mistake the Braves made this offseason was moving Smoltz back into the rotation.

Same here...

 

Everyone is penciling him in to be dominant, somehow regain what he used to have. But many years have passed, including several years without starting and TJ surgery...

 

He's no guarantee.

 

The Braves rotation is shaky after Hudson. It can be potentially good, but it could blow up in their face.

 

I'm sure the reason they made the conversion was financial and nothing else.

smoltz will be fine and will win at least 15 games.

 

 

 

in terms of stamina....at least 80% is the mentality of being a bulldog starter.

 

 

 

this is what he wants...and he will do it and suceed like only John Smoltz can do.

Biggest mistake the Braves made this offseason was moving Smoltz back into the rotation.

668740[/snapback]

We finally agree on something

I am sure he has thrown on the side to see just how much he can pitch at once. After all they made the move what 2 months ago, that is giving him 6 months or so to get his stamina up. Its not like this is being rushed onto him. I think he knows what he can do, and unless you want to question him and his desire to win and succeed, I think it is safe to believe what he does. If he told the management that he didn't think he could do it, I think they would be forced to listen to him.

 

And I don't know how many people are expecting him to be dominant, he wasn't dominant his last couple years as a starter, but as a solid number two I don't see why not. He is still a strike out machine, he averaged more than 9ks per 9 innings last year.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.