the squad

delgado is a offensive presence were ever lineup he is on. Pitcher will now have to pitch around delgado and that might not be a bright idea with miggy(40hr 100rbi capable player)and mikey who is clutch and might have a breakout year hitting fifth behind delgado and might hit 35hr 110rbi or maybe even better.And we already have the best leadoff hitters in the game j.p and luis who are criminals on the bases, expect big things from them. And with gonzalez, encarnacion in there contract year expect big things from them to. Jaun encarnacion in my oppion could be a great ball player because he is still classified as a five tool player from scouts and is capable of bieng a 20/20 guy with 90 ribis and alex gonzalez already helps us with his gold glove calliber defense and the year he had in 2004 was good enough for me. All i would like from gonzalez is to hit .270 20hr and 80 rbis and i will be a happy camper. All i want from loduca is to have a the same year he had last but with a more productive 2 half and i again would be a happy camper(.290 avg 12 hr 90 rbi) and any offense in the catchers spot is great production compared to the year castro and red had last year. Now the only thing i worry about is mota. Why, because the closers role is whole different story than a setup mans role. will he shine under pressure or collapse under pressure like he did in the cubs series last year when the season and the wild card race was on the line. He has one of the best stuff in the majors butthen again so did O Dotel(but in my opinion i think he will be great) .And like always please josh and please A.J stay healty you guys are capable of winning everyday and winning atleast 20 games per year(i know i maybe exagerating) What do you think we will do.

By: miguel alfonso

sorry i may be a bit shaky in my writing(dont make fun of me please :D)

delgado is a offensive presence were ever lineup he is on. Pitcher will now have to pitch around delgado and that might not be a bright idea with miggy(40hr 100rbi capable player)and mikey who is clutch and might have a breakout year hitting fifth behind delgado and might hit 35hr 110rbi or maybe even better.And we already have the best leadoff hitters in the game j.p and luis who are criminals on the bases, expect big things from them. And with gonzalez, encarnacion in there contract year expect big things from them to. Jaun encarnacion in my oppion could be a great ball player because he is still classified as a five tool player from scouts and is capable of bieng a 20/20 guy with 90 ribis and alex gonzalez already helps us with his gold glove calliber defense and the year he had in 2004 was good enough for me. All i would like from gonzalez is to hit .270 20hr and 80 rbis and i will be a happy camper. All i want from loduca is to have a the same year he had last but with a more productive 2 half and i again would be a happy camper(.290 avg 12 hr 90 rbi) and any offense in the catchers spot is great production compared to the year castro and red had last year. Now the only thing i worry about is mota. Why, because the closers role is whole different story than a setup mans role. will he shine under pressure or collapse under pressure like he did in the cubs series last year when the season and the wild card race was on the line. He has one of the best stuff in the majors butthen again so did O Dotel(but in my opinion i think he will be great) .And like always please josh and please A.J stay healty you guys are capable of winning everyday and winning atleast 20 games per year(i know i maybe exagerating) What do you think we will do.

By: miguel alfonso

sorry i may be a bit shaky in my writing(dont make fun of me please :D )

670678[/snapback]

Ichiro :whistle

who do u guys think will be the startion pitcher in opening day??my money on burnett.. :D

670740[/snapback]

I think our rotation should be burnett willis beckett leiter valdez to make it r-l-r-l-r

670741[/snapback]

670742[/snapback]

Ya i want it that way, i think it's the best way to mix it up.

who do u guys think will be the startion pitcher in opening day??my money on burnett.. :D

670740[/snapback]

this issue has been discussed here ad nauseum. I think our rotation should be burnett willis beckett leiter valdez to make it r-l-r-l-r

670741[/snapback]

I'm sure they'll mix it up like that, but I'd much rather have Leiter as our number two than Willis until Dontrelle starts to solidify his consistency. If he can do that in spring training than by all means let him take it, but for now I'll stick with Al.

670740[/snapback]

this issue has been discussed here ad nauseum. I think our rotation should be burnett willis beckett leiter valdez to make it r-l-r-l-r

670741[/snapback]

I'm sure they'll mix it up like that, but I'd much rather have Leiter as our number two than Willis until Dontrelle starts to solidify his consistency. If he can do that in spring training than by all means let him take it, but for now I'll stick with Al.

670753[/snapback]

The problem i have with leiter at #2 is that hes gotten older and does not usually pitch deep into games. Having him 4th i think will be more productive

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.