Best CD of All Time

Guest Juanky

This is it, for all the marbles. The winner of this poll, lasting until Friday Night, will be crowned Best CD of All Time by the voters of MarlinsBaseball.com .

In The Classic Corner:

Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd

One of the most recognizable images in music is also the cover of one's of its greatest pieces of work, Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. This CD had such an impact on the world, that it stayed on the Top 200 Albums list for over 740 weeks (demolishing the previous record), inspired one of the top ten greatest CDs of All Time (The Wall), and even had a movie dealing with the mental anguish put on Roger Waters during the tour of the album everyone wanted to hear. Its success helped lead to the insanity of Syd Barret, one of the band members. And of course, it is synchronized perfectly with the movie "The Wizard of Oz". Once it was released, all CDs had to be put up against Dark Side in order to be considered 'great'.

In The Modern Corner:

Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Red Hot Chili Peppers

Though it has taken alot of heat along the way, Blood Sugar Sex Magik has outlasted many great CDs such as Led Zeppelin IV, The Wall, Abbey Road, and Thriller, among others, to reach the final battle against Dark Side of the Moon. As far as 90's music goes, you'd be hard pressed to find a more influential and revolutionizing CD. "Under the Bridge" might be one of the ten best songs of the entire decade, though it doesn't get alot of love in song lists. There is a severe lack of bad songs on this CD, and though it doesn't have the name recognition that other CDs on this list do it does share alot with it - great music. Plus, the cover is almost as cool as DSOM's.

The Road Already Traversed:

#10-

Are You Experienced?, The Jimi Hendrix Experience

#9-

Revolver, The Beatles

#8-

All Eyez On Me, Tupac

#7-

Appetite for Destruction, Guns N' Roses

#6-

Thriller, Michael Jackson

#5-

The Wall, Pink Floyd

#4-

Led Zeppelin IV, Led Zeppelin

#3-

Abbey Road, The Beatles

Breathe

On the Run

Time

The Great Gig in the Sky

Money

Us and Them

Any Colour you Like

Brain Damage

Eclispe

674757[/snapback]

That's my choice!

I'll see you ... on the Dark Side ... of the Moon

1 post for PHCP, yet they have ten votes.? I have a feeling people are voting dead people and convicted felons.? :plain

675273[/snapback]

You know that alot of people read this board that dont post right?

Thanks.

675287[/snapback]

8/12 that vote for Dark Side post but only 1/10 that vote for RHCP post on the board.

1 post for PHCP, yet they have ten votes. I have a feeling people are voting dead people and convicted felons. :plain

675273[/snapback]

Thanks.

675287[/snapback]

8/12 that vote for Dark Side post but only 1/10 that vote for RHCP post on the board.

675289[/snapback]

Maybe they dotn wanna hear your sh*t

1 post for PHCP, yet they have ten votes.? I have a feeling people are voting dead people and convicted felons.?? :plain

675273[/snapback]

Thanks.

675287[/snapback]

675289[/snapback]

675294[/snapback]

Or maybe they don't exist. :plain

And you can't "hear" me on a message board. :whistle

1 post for PHCP, yet they have ten votes. I have a feeling people are voting dead people and convicted felons. :plain

675273[/snapback]

Thanks.

675287[/snapback]

675289[/snapback]

Damn I didn't know that I needed to post yet again that I would vote for the RHCP...

To those that are still undecided,

If you don't know what criteria to base the best album of all time...

Let me just say that if for any reason you don't care for Chewbacca, voting for the RHCP will unnerve him tremendously

675434[/snapback]

:lol :notworthy :lol

675273[/snapback]

Thanks.

675287[/snapback]

675289[/snapback]

675294[/snapback]

Or maybe they don't exist. :plain

And you can't "hear" me on a message board. :whistle

675300[/snapback]

get a life.

i voted for RHCP.