MarlinBaseball.com's All-Time Team

Passion

Since polls seem to be the hip thing to do nowadays...I thought itd be cool to do a baseball player oriented one - to make an all-time great team.

Im going to make these nomination threads for each postion (with closers getting a thread as well) and then when we amass a good number of candidates, We will vote on them with the winner getting immortalized in MarlinBaseball.com lore forever.

Any player, who has ever played, may be nominated, since this is an all-time team.

Please try not to nominate more than 2 or 3 on your own, as this gets everyone involved.

Next Up: Left Handed Pitchers

Carl Hubbell

Lefty Grove

675429[/snapback]

if that's a joke it's not funny

if you're serious, well, that's even worse

gotta go with Koufax

no need to nominate anyone else, imo

675439[/snapback]

Remember the top 3 make the team. Lefty Grove was a damn good pitcher (300 Wins) as was Hubbell (HOF). What is wrong with those choices?

Carl Hubbell

Lefty Grove

675429[/snapback]

gotta go with Koufax

675439[/snapback]

Remember the top 3 make the team. Lefty Grove was a damn good pitcher (300 Wins) as was Hubbell (HOF). What is wrong with those choices?

675446[/snapback]

they're not top 3 in my book. the case can be made for Grove. But not for Hubbell.

and my book is a very good book. :plain

seriously, i'm not diminishing the stature of these pitchers, but they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Koufax. Hubbell essentially lived on one pitch. I'd put Spahn, Unit & Whitey all ahead of Grove, at least.

Random fact about Koufax: his curveball had an average of 7 more rotations in the time it got to the plate than any other pitcher. I don't make these things up.

Just sick.

Carl Hubbell

Lefty Grove

675429[/snapback]

gotta go with Koufax

675439[/snapback]

675446[/snapback]

they're not top 3 in my book. the case can be made for Grove. But not for Hubbell.

seriously, i'm not diminishing the stature of these pitchers, but they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Koufax. Hubbell essentially lived on one pitch. I'd put Spahn, Unit & Whitey all ahead of Grove, at least.

Random fact about Koufax: his curveball had an average of 7 more rotations in the time it got to the plate than any other pitcher. I don't make these things up.

Just sick.

675501[/snapback]

Point taken, but one of the pointso f the nominations is just to compile a good solid list of candidates...I have nominated some I didnt think were the best, but that deserved to be mentioned.

Those giys deserve to be mentioned.

Carl Hubbell

Lefty Grove

675429[/snapback]

gotta go with Koufax

675439[/snapback]

675446[/snapback]

Just sick.

675501[/snapback]

Point taken, but one of the pointso f the nominations is just to compile a good solid list of candidates...I have nominated some I didnt think were the best, but that deserved to be mentioned.

Those giys deserve to be mentioned.

675509[/snapback]

yeah

i see what your sayin.

thing is with Koufax, isn't longevity a factor?? Yeah, for a short time no pitcher was as dominating as he was, but that was only for about four seasons.

675724[/snapback]

he easily had the greatest 4 year stretch of any pitcher ever.

his career was unbelieveable, long or not