Cruz shipped to Zona for Ex Red Sock Fossum

flasportsfan88

Jose Cruz Jr. - OF - ARZ??

Diamondbacks acquired outfielder Jose Cruz Jr. from the Devil Rays for LHP Casey Fossum.

What an odd time to announce a trade. Anyway, this deal makes a lot of sense for both teams. Cruz won't be a Gold Glove center fielder, but he still has the range to handle the position. While he's more expensive at $4 million and he'll be a free agent after the season, he's clearly a better option for 2005 than Eric Byrnes would have been. As long as they're being creative by moving a right fielder to center, the Diamondbacks may also want to consider batting Cruz leadoff. He'll have a fine OBP and his strikeouts won't hurt as much with no one on base. Feb. 6 - 6:30 pm

Lee will take 1st, Huff will shift to outfeild. I'm liking what TB has been doing the last few years, not much but still...

I still have high hopes for Fossum ... Cruz is nothing more than a lucky ballplayer who gets to play everyday but shouldn?t

Kasmir, Fossum, Brazelton, others that I cant remember ... young talented staff that wont get anywhere :)

679414[/snapback]

[/quote

Hendrickson and Bell or Weachter (No idea how this guy spells his name) I believe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.