How many people came from the ESPN message boards

JetsMania

I can't stand cutter.? I remember he kept on talking about how Cabrera and Willis were going to implode in 2004... and then he stopped talking about it when Cabrera had his monster season and Willis did alright.

687303[/snapback]

:lol You sure he stopped talking? I figured he would assert that if you looked at Cabrera's runs scored while batting 5th in the order when Lowell had the flu statistic, it would prove he was actually right!

He never did answer that question about the Braves and expected wins. Figures.

I wonder if Raysalltheway still sticks strong to the Rays. :D

687166[/snapback]

RATW hasn't been around much this winter, he's down to 33 posts. Although he may be posting under another name.

Cripes, back in late '99-2000 there was only a handful of us posting over there. I know when I started reading the ESPN Marlins board, in mid-1999, there was less than 500 posts; and a lot of them were from the trolls of other teams. I used to read all of the messages on that board. I quit when I came back from a Florida baseball trip. While I was gone, we'd gotten hit by quite a few Cubs or Mets trolls....I decided that going through that "muck" wasn't worth it. But I'd read all of the posts up to that time, over 54,000....seems like a waste now.

Part of me misses some of those days. There's nothing that makes you feel prouder as a fan as when other fans come to congratulate you on "stopping" the Yankees in the World Series. And having all of those Cubs fans saying that the Fish were dead in the water and then it was so silent(as if they'd fallen off the face of the earth) after we came back and won it in 7 games.

That's enough....

Rex....aka... MnMarRex

Years ago I posted there on a regular basis. I remember rex saying he would single-handedly puch the board the 1000 post mark.

Haven't really visited there much at all the last few years, just some lurking. Too many trolls such as cutter22, 32, or whatever he goes by now.

RATW seemed to spend more time at the old fanboards site, and he became a mod on another board as well.

Nice to 'see' you, Rex.