March 13, 200521 yr I was in a card store the other day (for the first time in quite a while)...I was a bit amazed at all of the different companies currently producing cards. I was looking at some Rookie Cards for current Marlins but was having a tough time determining what would be considered "the officially recognized" rookie card for a particular player... Can someone please post the year and company of the correct/best rookie card for... Cabs AJ Beckett Willis and Dwaye Wade Thanks! :notworthy
March 13, 200521 yr I was in a card store the other day (for the first time in quite a while)...I was a bit amazed at all of the different companies currently producing cards. I was looking at some Rookie Cards for current Marlins but was having a tough time determining what would be considered "the officially recognized" rookie card for a particular player... Can someone please post the year and company of the correct/best rookie card for... Cabs AJ Beckett Willis 709028[/snapback] The brand that has always been the "mother" of all rookie cards has been Bowman. 2002 Bowman has the Dontrelle RC and 2001 Bowman has Cab's As for Beckett, IMO the most coveted RC of him is from 1999 Fleer Tradition set. and for Burnett, 1999 Bowman Chrome, or Topps Chrome is probably your best bet. But in general Bowman is the most prolific company for Rookie Cards, I think that may even be their slogan "The Home of the Rookie Card" or something like that. edit: just saw Johans post, 2000 Topps Traded has Cab's RC also...That would be the one to get probably, if you had a choice between it and the 01 Bowman
March 13, 200521 yr www.thepit.com It'll show you everything about sports-cards; what its value is, what its price fluctuation over the last year has been, and what are the most desired, and most valuable of the rookie cards...
March 13, 200521 yr people still collect trading cards? 709219[/snapback] yes. http://www.sportscardforum.com
March 13, 200521 yr i guess its just cause i'm older. and that costs for cards are just stupid. 709355[/snapback] Das remembers when he could get a pack of cards, and a hard piece of bubble gum for a nickel.
March 14, 200521 yr people still collect trading cards? 709219[/snapback] Ditto. Haven't collected in at least 10 years
March 15, 200521 yr Author people still collect trading cards? 709219[/snapback] Ditto. Haven't collected in at least 10 years 709947[/snapback] Thanks for the insight.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.