Riedling placed on 15-day DL

Admin

Marlins placed RHP John Riedling on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right shoulder.

Riedling's injury puts both Nate Bump and Brian Moehler in the Florida bullpen. Bump probably would have been the one sent to the minors even though he was a very solid reliever for the Marlins last season and has allowed one run in 11 innings this spring. Carrying MLB's worst hitter isn't good enough for the Marlins, as they apparently want the worst pitcher, too.

- RotoWorld.com

Guest Jack1

Carrying MLB's worst hitter isn't good enough for the Marlins, as they apparently want the worst pitcher, too.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

726399[/snapback]

What in the hell does that comment, "Carrying the MLB's worst hitter isn't good enough for the Marlins, as they apparently want the worst pitcher, too", mean? Who exactly are they talking about? They're pretty damn arrogant, if you ask me.

Carrying MLB's worst hitter isn't good enough for the Marlins, as they apparently want the worst pitcher, too.

726399[/snapback]

What in the hell does that comment, "Carrying the MLB's worst hitter isn't good enough for the Marlins, as they apparently want the worst pitcher, too", mean? Who exactly are they talking about? They're pretty damn arrogant, if you ask me.

726442[/snapback]

Lenny Harris probably.

He's not the worst hitter although every other .200 hitter can field.

He's not the worst hitter although every other .200 hitter can field.

726547[/snapback]

Ramon Castro? :whistle

Oh wait. He didn't hit .200 last year. :plain

726567[/snapback]

He hit more than .200 in Pittsburgh :plain :plain :plain :plain :plain :plain :plain :plain :plain

726399[/snapback]

726442[/snapback]

It seems they are referring to Juan Encarnacion as the worst hitter (based on last year's stats and OBP), and Riedling as the worst pitcher (based on his numbers after the All Star break). Still, it doesn't make sense. These two were not the worst in their respective categories... :blink:

Someone did research.... which is asking a lot for this crowd....sometimes

They aren't talking about Juan. Juan had a better OBP and AVG then Seabass. I would think "fans" would know that too, but whatever.

Out of everyday players Seabass had the lowest OBP in the league and third to lowest average, and was only 0.001 better than Mike Cameron (who had an OBP about .040 better.) Valentine who also had a lower average had a better OBP and more homeruns and slugging. So it is easy to argue that Seabass is the worst hitter in the league, he reached base at the worst clip of regular starters.

And the pitcher they are talking about is Brian Moehler I think, since the last year he played he posted a 7.90 era and a whip of nearly 2, not to mention give up a homer about every 3 I/P. Plus he hasn't seen real major league action in over a year.