Who do you hate more?

Accord

I perennially hate the Yankees, but i've hated the Sox even more ever since John f***ing Henry bought them.

*wait's for themarlinscontinuetoshowdominance to reply saying f*** John Henry*

:mischief2

728633[/snapback]

I agree with you. As a regular baseball fan, we should hate the Yankees. But the Red Sox have definitley caused more for us to hate them.

In addition to the John Henry thing, they were dicks during the Kevin Millar fiasco. Then there was that huge romp game(this had more to do with obnoxious Red Sox fans invading the ESPN board). Then throw in last week where Damon and the manager ripped the franchise.

F**k the Red Sox!!!

I dont like the yanks either, but my beef with the red sox is mostly due to about 3 main reasons: (1) these bandwagon type fans that suddenly appeared the last two seasons. (2) Also , Ben Affleck and all these sox fan celebs are annoying as hell. (3) Most importantly, I don't like the mentality in terms of their rivalry with the yankees. Obviously the WS drought was huge and all, but the last couple of seasons they have been a big spender, and while they were the underdog vs. yankees, it wasn't really a "David vs Goliath" that i've heard from some badwagon types i've talked to. Either way, I dislike both, and can include the Metsand Phillies into a list of teams i dislikel.

The flurry of Lime green and bright red Yankees hats during the late 90s/early 00's were just sickening.

728687[/snapback]

i'm convinced they have every possible color combination ever conceived

who would buy a black hat with a black friggin logo? what's the point?

F**k the Red Sox!!!

I dont like the yanks either, but my beef with the red sox is mostly due to about 3 main reasons: (1) these bandwagon type fans that suddenly appeared the last two seasons. (2) Also , Ben Affleck and all these sox fan celebs are annoying as hell. (3) Most importantly, I don't like the mentality in terms of their rivalry with the yankees. Obviously the WS drought was huge and all, but the last couple of seasons they have been a big spender, and while they were the underdog vs. yankees, it wasn't really a "David vs Goliath" that i've heard from some badwagon types i've talked to. Either way, I dislike both, and can include the Metsand Phillies into a list of teams i dislikel.

728689[/snapback]

1) Marlins had plenty of bandwagon fans following '03...alot of them are on this board. Every team that wins is going to have a bandwagon. The Red Sox are a fad that will die out after this year.

2) The 'celebs' are the product of the media. Most of them are eye candy that FOX and ESPN scout out and love to interview. No celeb will turn down the free press, but they dont seek it out. Affleck, Damon, King, and others are not bandwagoners either, been fans their whole lives mostly. They should be respected for that.

3) The Yankees still out spend the Red Sox by 60-70 million every year. The Angels spend around the same as the Sox but no one seems to mind. The Sox made alot of good signings that people over look (David Ortiz signed for 1 million, Varitek has been with the club a long time, Trot Nixon has played his whole career with the club). Im not dumb, the Red sox do get most of their talent through spending, but they have the money to do that - and they do invest, you cant fault any owner who puts money back into his team.

Alot of your hate seems to come from bandwagoners. Dont hate the club or other real fans because of immature and stupid 'fans'. The fad will pass soon enough.

BTW, alot of Red Sox fans really rooted for you guys against the Yankees in '03 and had alot of great things to say about your young talent, blend of players, and organization.

Im not going to change any opinions, just thought Id throw my comments into the ring to wash out some of the dumb things and perceptions people have of the BoSox. Im not disagreeing or bitching at anyone either.

Thanks! :thumbup

Guest Fritz

The Red Sox because they pretend not to be evil.

728685[/snapback]

Exactly.

The Yanks, even though they're evil bastards, they're proud of it and have no problem admitting that they'll go out and buy any player they want.

728985[/snapback]

Gotta call a spade a spade.