Roxy Coming On

The most exciting calls I've heard since Joe Angel are coming from Roxie Bernstein and Dave Van Horne. I'm pleased to hear Roxy bring it up a few notches, but I'm almost surprised to hear DVH bring it up this far!

Listen to the re-plays of the best plays. These guys go nuts for the Marlins.

I mute the TV and go for the Radio guys! Really good stuff.

I've tried to watch a game live and listen to play by play before and it just hasn't worked out for me. However I do agree that Roxy and DVH have been pretty good so far. I listened to them for a little bit before realizing that the game was on PAX last night. I'm really starting to like the two new guys in Roxy and Waltz :thumbup

Disturbing that the Radio play comes on a few seconds before the TV.

Best part is Radio reports every pitch while TV assumes you saw it.

Worst part is TV thinks they are "personalities."

Most interesting dynamic on Radio thus far. Roxy can report a play and DVH will quietly correct him. Roxy: Perfect bunt ruined by catcher's perfect throw.

DVH: Bunt needed to go a few feet further and there would have been no opportunity for the catcher.

Roxie is learning from DVH and we get the benefit of two different opinions.

Cool.

But, the enthusiasm is genuine.

Guest markotsay7

I really like Roxy. Couldn't HE move to TV?

I HATE DVH. Seriously. He has one of the worst voices ever, and some things he says are so stupid. And he mispronounces names ALL the time (Brian Snider, catcher for the Nationals).

I HATE DVH. Seriously. He has one of the worst voices ever, and some things he says are so stupid. And he mispronounces names ALL the time (Brian Snider, catcher for the Nationals).

735143[/snapback]

well in order to pronounce it wrong you should probably spell it right

Brian Schneider

Guest markotsay7

735143[/snapback]

well in order to pronounce it wrong you should probably spell it right

Brian Schneider

735153[/snapback]

I typed it like he said it. Thanks.

I like Dave Van Horne, err future Hall of Famer Dave Van Horne.

Roxy and him complimented eachother very well in spring training. Their level of teamwork was somethng we heard only in spurts while Jon "Boog" Sciambi was Dave's partner. Now if only XM radio would pick up WQAM's feed.

I HATE DVH. Seriously. He has one of the worst voices ever

735143[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Are you kidding me? He is one of the last few radio broadcasters around that have a very classic vintage voice. DVH has the PERFECT radio voice, unlike some of the new pretty boys like Boog. You can close your eyes while listening to DVH and picture yourself listening to a game from the 1940's, you just can't do that anymore with all of the new modern broadcasters.

DVH is old school and if you don't like it, tough.

Are you kidding me? He is one of the last few radio broadcasters around that have a very classic vintage voice. You can close your eyes while listening to DVH and picture yourself listening to a game from the 1940's, you just can't do that anymore with all of the new modern broadcasters.

735210[/snapback]

AMEN! :thumbup

Are you kidding me?? He is one of the last few radio broadcasters around that have a very classic vintage voice.? You can close your eyes while listening to DVH and picture yourself listening to a game from the 1940's, you just can't do that anymore with all of the new modern broadcasters.

735210[/snapback]

AMEN! :thumbup

735211[/snapback]

Amen! And Roxy is learning from him (Boog didn't).

I grew up with Red Barber, Mel Allen, Vin Scully, etc. DVH is not the greatest, but he sure as hell reminds you of the great times listening to a game.

Feels like you're there. Not like today's TV.