Alex Smith meets with Dolphins

PhishPhan

Utah QB Smith to visit Dolphins

By Alex Marvez

Sun-Sentinel

Posted April 12 2005, 9:08 AM EDT

Utah quarterback Alex Smith is expected to arrive Wednesday in South Florida for a pre-draft visit with the Dolphins.

Considered one of the top two quarterbacks along with California's Aaron Rodgers entering the April 23 NFL draft, Smith will meet with the Dolphins after spending two days visiting with San Francisco, which has the first overall pick.

It's a strange sight to see the 49ers and Dolphins picking 1-2.

They rarely ever draft in the top 10 and only once before have they both picked in the top 10 at the same time. That was in 1967, the first common draft as part of the AFL-NFL merger. The 49ers picked Florida quarterback Steve Spurrier third and the Dolphins took Purdue quarterback Bob Griese fourth.

So see, if the 9ers draft Rodgers, we should draft Smith and hope history repeats itself.

link

Guest Fritz

So the top two QBs are like choosing between sex with Oprah and sex with Star Jones. One is a system QB and the other is a gimmic QB. Personally, I think the best QBs in the draft are Charlie Frye, Jason Campbell, and Adrian McPherson. If the Fins do not trade down, I feel they should draft either Ronnie Brown or Mike Wiliams.

So the top two QBs are like choosing between sex with Oprah and sex with Star Jones. One is a system QB and the other is a gimmic QB. Personally, I think the best QBs in the draft are Charlie Frye, Jason Campbell, and Adrian McPherson. If the Fins do not trade down, I feel they should draft either Ronnie Brown or Mike Wiliams.

739275[/snapback]

Thats a change fore you.

Trade their 5th rounder to Sea. for Seneca babii!

Guest Fritz

739275[/snapback]

Thats a change fore you.

739279[/snapback]

Trading a 5th rounder for Seneca?

Why don't we trade our 1st rounder for Jesse Palmer? It wouldn't be much dumber.

:plain

739275[/snapback]

Thats a change fore you.

739279[/snapback]

Trading a 5th rounder for Seneca?

Why don't we trade our 1st rounder for Jesse Palmer? It wouldn't be much dumber.

:plain

739303[/snapback]

Cause Seneca has skeeeeellz. Ya'll just hatin' cause he a bra' frum eye-wuh.

739275[/snapback]

which one is the gimic qb?

:confused

Guest Fritz

739275[/snapback]

740707[/snapback]

Alex Smith.

All they did was run the shotgun and do options. To me, Alex Smith is just another Andre Ware.

I say Antrel Rolle but that's only because I play highschool football with himbut that'll never happen, fo some reason I like Benson.

740628[/snapback]

Really you went to South Dade.Whats your name cause i played football with Rolle at Soth Dade.

739275[/snapback]

740707[/snapback]

Alex Smith.

All they did was run the shotgun and do options. To me, Alex Smith is just another Andre Ware.

740769[/snapback]

Kliff Kingsbury and BJ Symons were gimic QBs

Alex Smith has serious game but I guess its the cool thing to hate on him now

So you are calling Mike Leach's attack a gimmick attack?

*Shocked*

*Offended*

*laughs at the truth and how that program will never get out of 4th in the Big XII south in the next 10 years*

Guest Juanky

I say Antrel Rolle but that's only because I play highschool football with himbut that'll never happen, fo some reason I like Benson.

740628[/snapback]

Really you went to South Dade.Whats your name cause i played football with Rolle at Soth Dade.

742001[/snapback]

Was that before or after UF signed you?

740628[/snapback]

742001[/snapback]

A dual sport athlete. What a stud.