Working out..

BIG Z

I'm going to the gym right now and i just want to tone my body,i've been working out for about 2 weeks now,do any of you have any suggestions on what should i do to get my body toned up?i want a six pack too so if anyone can help me by telling me what to do to get my body toned i'd really appreciate it :thumbup

doesnt matter, do it all

feel the burn!

739541[/snapback]

Lol do you do this?i wanna get my abs by june 12 that i'm going on vacations..i don't have a bad body i'm just skinny and i wanna get my body toned up especially the abs because i wanna look better

Sit ups or crunches, do them as much as you can but don't kill yourself.

Do flys, they tone up your pects.

And it's hard to beat old fashioned pushups, the really tone up most of your upper body.

739543[/snapback]

What exactly is flys?

And it's hard to beat old fashioned pushups, the really tone up most of your upper body.

739543[/snapback]

What exactly is flys?

739548[/snapback]

Most weight benches have flys. I'd look you up a link but I have to go to class.

What they are is when you lay down as if you are going to bench press, but instead there are two "handles" on either side of you at your shoulder level. You put your arms under each handle and lift up the weight by making an embracing motion. It is hard, and you need to start with small amounts.

If you're going to a gym or have weightlifting friends, just ask.

And about the vacation, you have 2 months. You do even 100 situps a night, and you'll be toned (given you don't eat too much crud)

739543[/snapback]

What exactly is flys?

739548[/snapback]

Most weight benches have flys. I'd look you up a link but I have to go to class.

What they are is when you lay down as if you are going to bench press, but instead there are two "handles" on either side of you at your shoulder level. You put your arms under each handle and lift up the weight by making an embracing motion. It is hard, and you need to start with small amounts.

If you're going to a gym or have weightlifting friends, just ask.

And about the vacation, you have 2 months. You do even 100 situps a night, and you'll be toned (given you don't eat too much crud)

739553[/snapback]

Ooh yea i do the flys they're not too hard though imo,to me working out is pretty fun,and i think i do eat alot of crud but i also drink half a gallong of water everyday so i'm hoping it works

Have you ever seen that commercial about that AB chair? I am not sure how much it is but my sisters friend said it really works.

739558[/snapback]

I rather do the situps in my gym though,we can do normal situps there and also situps that you can press down on with ur stomach and you use your arms on it too

Have you ever seen that commercial about that AB chair? I am not sure how much it is but my sisters friend said it really works.

739558[/snapback]

I rather do the situps in my gym though,we can do normal situps there and also situps that you can press down on with ur stomach and you use your arms on it too

739559[/snapback]

Oh Okay... Good Luck! :thumbup

739558[/snapback]

739559[/snapback]

Oh Okay... Good Luck! :thumbup

739560[/snapback]

situps

1000 a day

and do some curls

739534[/snapback]

I mean, it's not gonna happen that easily...but if you can, YEA!

Working your abs is much different than working your upper body. With the upper body, you want to work out your muscles every other day. Working out your biceps or pecs (or shoulders, etc.) everyday puts too much strain on the muscles and doesn't allow them to grow.

But with abs, you can pretty much work them out whenever you like. And the key to working out abs is to try to do as many as you can at once (unlike upper body or legs). Instead of doing 3 (?) sets of 100 crunches, try to do 300 all in one shot. It helps to build the abs. Also, if you've got about 40 bucks, go out and by some cut cream (ab cream, what have you). It really does work. When I was in boarding school two years ago, I got a six pack within two months using the cream. It probably would have taken longer without it.

With upper body and legs, it's better to do them in sets of 10. Do about 3 sets for each, and take a 45 second-1 minute break between each.

Eat healthy, because it doesn't matter how much you work out--if you eat crap, fat will not go away unless you eat better foods. Protein is always a good thing--in the form of meats, or shakes (or bars). Eat greens, and cut back on the carbs.

It's pretty basic, as you can see :)

Oh, and also! There are different ways to grow your muscle and your strength. If you want to get toned, it's better to do less weight more times (ex--bench 3 10 rep sets of 120 rather than 1 7 rep set of 150 :) )

If you want to gain strength, do more weight less times. You won't be cut, though--but you'll be stronger quicker. Getting toned doesnt' necesarily mean you are stronger.

if you want a six-pack, 100% the most important thing is to do a s***load of cardio and watch your diet. don't even listen to anyone else.

that means you should do stuff like running, cycling, etc. every day and keep your calories low.

you should do some ab work at the end of your cardio workouts, but it isn't absolutely necessary. you don't really have to do a lot of ab exercises to get a six-pack as long as you get your bodyfat down thru cardio/diet.

the trick to getting a six-pack is getting the fat off your stomach. we've all got six-packs under that fat.

Shaqman and Lefty power are right - eat healthy and cardio. Of course u can also do crunches not sit ups

You can have a belly and do 1000 sit ups and you wont see any washboard abs, all you will have is a hard stomach surrounded by fat.

Work hard kids. Achieve greatness and you can win my award for fitness. We preach hard work and dedication to what you do. I want all of you to be strong with your muscles and also with your smarts.

740563[/snapback]

Don't you bench like 200 pounds every morning?

if you want a six-pack, 100% the most important thing is to do a s***load of cardio and watch your diet. don't even listen to anyone else.

that means you should do stuff like running, cycling, etc. every day and keep your calories low.

you should do some ab work at the end of your cardio workouts, but it isn't absolutely necessary. you don't really have to do a lot of ab exercises to get a six-pack as long as you get your bodyfat down thru cardio/diet.

the trick to getting a six-pack is getting the fat off your stomach. we've all got six-packs under that fat.

739633[/snapback]

What's the diffrence between situps and crunches?

739633[/snapback]

741316[/snapback]

sit-ups

crunches

basically, crunches hit your upper abs while sit-ups hit both upper and lower abs. there are tons of different ab workouts you can do, but it doesn't really matter which exercises you do as long as you make sure you do LOTS OF CARDIO and watch your diet.

if you want a six-pack, 100% the most important thing is to do a s***load of cardio and watch your diet.? don't even listen to anyone else.

you should do some ab work at the end of your cardio workouts, but it isn't absolutely necessary.? you don't really have to do a lot of ab exercises to get a six-pack as long as you get your bodyfat down thru cardio/diet.?

the trick to getting a six-pack is getting the fat off your stomach.? we've all got six-packs under that fat.

739633[/snapback]

741316[/snapback]

sit-ups

crunches

basically, crunches hit your upper abs while sit-ups hit both upper and lower abs. there are tons of different ab workouts you can do, but it doesn't really matter which exercises you do as long as you make sure you do LOTS OF CARDIO and watch your diet.

741722[/snapback]

So instead of eating rice i should eat vegetables,and instead of eating dessert i should eat apples or fruits,right?

So instead of eating rice i should eat vegetables,and instead of eating dessert i should eat apples or fruits,right?

741821[/snapback]

it helps, though just eating fruits and vegetables isn't going to give you a six pack. as far as diet is concerned, just make sure your calories are relatively low, your protein is good, and your junk food is un-touched. don't kill yourself over avoiding stuff like rice...if you're concerned about "bad" carbs, eat brown rice instead of white rice.

just remember, for a six pack, the most important thing is to do your cardio religiously.