Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dead Fish of the Week (May 2 - May 8)

Featured Replies

Stats For The Week

 

Encarnacion - .238 AVG .304 OBP 0 HR 0 RBI 21 AB

Lowell - .200 .350 OBP 0 HR 1 RBI 15 AB

Gonzalez - .105 AVG .105 OBP 0 HR 0 RBI 19 AB

Leiter - 1 W 1 L 9.00 ERA 9 IP 8 BB 4 K

 

If you choose other, please reply with choice.

Alex, at least Enc and mikey got on base with a .300+ obp

Leiter for me. He got blown up by a horrible Rockies team that our other pitchers only allowed 1 run to in 23 innings at home.

 

 

Leiter- 8 ER in 4 innings

The rest- 1 ER in 23 innings.

 

HM- Gonzalez

Leiter for me. He got blown up by a horrible Rockies team that our other pitchers only allowed 1 run to in 23 innings at home.

 

 

Leiter- 8 ER in 4 innings

The rest- 1 ER in 23 innings.

 

HM- Gonzalez

767513[/snapback]

 

While it might be better to argue this in some other thread, I don't agree at all that the Colorado Rockies are "horrible", in fact they remind me alot of the 2001-2002 Florida Marlins.

 

The team has alot of talent and will, in the next year or so, perhaps even sooner, start winning a ton of games. Right now they are about three players short of being as good as anyone out there. Once they jettison Preston Wilson and his salary, and their kids start to mature,they are going to give their division rivals fits.

 

At least that's my opinion.

 

As for Leiter, Gonzalez and the rest, players have good and bad weeks. I honestly believe Leiter's problems are all in his head and if the Miami Marlins could get the guy an early lead a few times I suspect he'd soon find himself again. I think he's still pitching with the same mentality as last year, so afraid to give up a run he winds up giving up many.

 

No one can convince me Brian Moehler (who I like) is a better "pitcher" than Al. But right now Moehler is pitching smart (letting the defense make your outs for you) and Leiter isn't. He trying to carry the burden himself. When starts inducing ground balls the guys behind him will take care of business.

 

So I don't have a DFOTW or at least I'm not ready to throw in the towel on any of these guys.

Leiter by far....Juan E. is coming back down to earth and Conine needs some ABs. I thought Conine should have started the Sunday game and perhaps I was right after Juan had that HUGE error.

Seabass, no question.

 

Also, how many errors did he commit over the past week? I think he made like 5 or 6 on this road trip alone.

Al Leiter

 

None of the others singlehandidly put us out of a game this week, and hell Enc and Mikey were still getting on base at a good clip.

Seabass, no question.

 

Also, how many errors did he commit over the past week? I think he made like 5 or 6 on this road trip alone.

767590[/snapback]

 

5 on the road trip...

Gonzalez, I remember saying "God dammit Alex" a lot this past week.

767501[/snapback]

Same here, i've been bitching about Alex a lot lately.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.