More D-Train talk! (PTI)

strandedx02

Psychics segment: Will Dontrelle win the Cy Young this year?

Kornheiser said it was too early to pick a Cy Young, especially to someone who has tailed off in the second half. He thinks it'll be either Clemens or Mulder.

Wilbon thinks that Clemens doesn't have enough offense behind him to win the Cy Young, says that Willis is just a kid and getting stronger, and this will be the season he establishes himself as the best pitcher in the NL, winning 22 games.

It's still too early to make postseason predictions but given the improvements he has made in changing speeds and most importantly, throwing strikes, I think that he won't slide nearly as much as he did his rookie year.

I think he has a relevantly good chance...

He's done good at the beginning of the season then went off track in the past, but this year is different IMO. He's far more confident, experienced, knowledgable, he's very coachable, and most importantly, he's being consistent throwing a lot of strikes.

Willis said before that he's going to ignore his record and make believe he's 0-0 and he's starting all over. He also said that he doesn't watch or listen to what everyone says about him because he doesn't want it to get to his head. He knows how good he's been so far this season, and he knows that they have plently of clips of his dominance this season already, and he doesn't want it to distract him from continuing.

Whether he wins the Cy Young this year or not, he will have a lot of wins. With 7 wins already, I say he will have atleast 15 wins this season granted he doesn't get hurt.

Anyways, Dontrelle is a totally different pitcher this year.

AND, not only is he bringing it on the mound, but he's bringing it at the plate as wel!

I think he stands a good chance at the CY Young if he can keep up this pace. Although if Josh can keep up his pace (and lower his ERA a bit), he has a chance at winning it as well. :mischief

771510[/snapback]

I remember when this topic first came up a couple weeks into the season, I said that Willis might have the third-best chance at the Cy Young on his own team. But he's not shown any signs of going away at this stage--let's hope he keeps it going all year.

The new and improved Dontrelle Willis' Cy chances will be really determined after his second starts against NL East teams (so far, I don't recall him starting twice against a team other than the Nationals, and he's got great career numbers against them).

If he still baffles hitters the second and third time through divisional play, I see no reason why he won't win...he's already got the hype behind him, and that's all that matters, remember, the media votes for the Cy Young...

The new and improved Dontrelle Willis' Cy chances will be really determined after his second starts against NL East teams (so far, I don't recall him starting twice against a team other than the Nationals, and he's got great career numbers against them).

He pitched twice against the Phillies.. The game at home and the game in Philly that was called early.

He pitched twice against the Phillies.. The game at home and the game in Philly that was called early.

771653[/snapback]

Good memory, but I don't know if I'm going to count that one in the same category, but it did get him a complete game... ;)