Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Run, Joe, run!

Featured Replies

I noticed that I am not the only person who has become obsessed with that line. I saved it as a sound file on my computer and I use it for default sounds and for when my computer shuts down. I wish everyone hadn't beat me to using it as a signature. I want to put it in mine, but then it wouldn't be so unique now. :(

Did anyone upload Waltz' call on the gamewinning hit? If so, I missed it -- would be appreciated if someone could send me the vid/audio file

While it's a nice little line, Waltz has made a bunch of better calls this season, especially ENC's opening day grand slam and Joe Dillons first home run.

 

EDIT: I can't believe i'm arguing about how many GOOD calls Rich Waltz has made :lol

While it's a nice little line, Waltz has made a bunch of better calls this season, especially ENC's opening day grand slam and Joe Dillons first home run.

 

EDIT: I can't believe i'm arguing about how many GOOD calls Rich Waltz has made :lol

785831[/snapback]

 

 

The call seemed better on video -- watching Dillon haul around the bases with his eyes popping out of his socket adds to the "Run Joe Run!" IMO. Still a good call though.

I think this is the best Waltz call this season thus far

785955[/snapback]

I think so.

 

And some people have become obsessed with that line..

 

It reminds me of "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

"DAMION EASLEY....TIES THIS GAME!"

 

That needed to happen before:

"RUN JOE RUN!"

785982[/snapback]

That homerun by Damion was HUGE and IMO he could have done a better job calling it.

"DAMION EASLEY....TIES THIS GAME!"

 

That needed to happen before:

"RUN JOE RUN!"

785982[/snapback]

That homerun by Damion was HUGE and IMO he could have done a better job calling it.

785985[/snapback]

if you plan things ahead of time it doesnt sound nearly as good

"DAMION EASLEY....TIES THIS GAME!"

 

That needed to happen before:

"RUN JOE RUN!"

785982[/snapback]

That homerun by Damion was HUGE and IMO he could have done a better job calling it.

785985[/snapback]

if you plan things ahead of time it doesnt sound nearly as good

785991[/snapback]

 

I think the best home run calls are the ones by announcers who have their own trademark call and then adjust the "intensity" of the call based on the play, just like Len, the ChiSox commentators, the Giants PBP guy, etc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.