Getting it started?

Guest markotsay7

Guest markotsay7

Just a thought...

Watching Pierre struggle is beginning to irk me quite a bit. I know that he'll come around, likely sooner than later, but in the meantime, why isn't Castillo leading off? He's been hitting very well and doing an even better job of getting on base which, I believe, is the most important part of being a leadoff hitter. Have JP hit second for a few games, or even bat him 8th and stick LoDuca in the 2 hole. It won't be long now till Pierre gets out of it, I'm sure, but we don't have the flexibility in the standings to wait.

Opinions?

2) JP is not a good bunter, just avg

791540[/snapback]

JP is quite possibly the best guy at laying down the bunt in the entire league the past few years

791550[/snapback]

Luis Castillo is much better at the bunt. And JP is not even close to being the best in the league. He bunts into a bunch of DPs and fly outs. Is there a place where we can see the stats on successful bunt attempts, etc? I'll be happy to eat some crow if I'm wrong.

Roberto Alomar is probably the best bunter I ever seen.

791540[/snapback]

JP is quite possibly the best guy at laying down the bunt in the entire league the past few years

791550[/snapback]

Luis Castillo is much better at the bunt. And JP is not even close to being the best in the league. He bunts into a bunch of DPs and fly outs. Is there a place where we can see the stats on successful bunt attempts, etc? I'll be happy to eat some crow if I'm wrong.

791586[/snapback]

Bunt into alot of DPs? LOL...He is possible the best bunter in the league buddy.

791540[/snapback]

791550[/snapback]

791586[/snapback]

Bunt into alot of DPs? LOL...He is possible the best bunter in the league buddy.

791604[/snapback]

prove it, perception is not always reality

Guest Juanky

Juan Pierre is easily the best bunter on the team, and could be the best in the league.

Luiy is second and he's not close.

There's no "prove it" to someone else, you have the burden of proof because you introduced the argument. Back it up.

791540[/snapback]

791550[/snapback]

791586[/snapback]

791604[/snapback]

prove it, perception is not always reality

791608[/snapback]

There is nothing to prove. It's common sense. You are talking out of your :censored

Do you guys remember at the begining of the season when Easley led off the bottom of the ninth with a pinch hit double off of Kolb and pierre popped up a bunt that was turned to a dp? Thats one that i can remember to help freshfish out.

Guest Juanky

Do you guys remember at the begining of the season when Easley led off the bottom of the ninth with a pinch hit double off of Kolb and pierre popped up a bunt that was turned to a dp? Thats one that i can remember to help freshfish out.

791767[/snapback]

Awesome

For that one fly ball I can remember 20 beautiful bunt hits

Next

791767[/snapback]

Awesome

Next

791774[/snapback]

lol yup

791767[/snapback]

Awesome

Next

791774[/snapback]

People tend to remember the positive more than the negative. Especially for a player as exciting and friendly as JP.