June 1, 200521 yr Should be in the stadium forum, and I don't think this is really appropriate at the time. The Dolphins Stadium proposal isn't on the table, and the OB site isn't fully funded. If we're talking Dolphins stadium with a roof or the OB with cost cutting (making it the new Miami Arena), I'd take Dolphins Stadium, hands down. Either way, this is irrelevant at this stage.
June 1, 200521 yr Why would you rather share a stadium with a football team in the middle of nowhere, than own your own stadium in the middle of the city, where more fans WILL go.
June 1, 200521 yr Why would you rather share a stadium with a football team in the middle of nowhere, than own your own stadium in the middle of the city, where more fans WILL go. 791435[/snapback] I rather be in the middle of the nowhere than in Little Havana.Orange bowl site is awful but at least is a brand new stadium.I'm not voting because I would like to see one of the options come true.
June 1, 200521 yr Why would you rather share a stadium with a football team in the middle of nowhere, than own your own stadium in the middle of the city, where more fans WILL go. 791435[/snapback] Because the Orange Bowl stadium will be cost cut at every corner, making it the new Miami arena. It's in an awful area and parking will be a pain. I highly doubt it is the panacea many see it as. I have no problem with the Marlins staying at the Pro if they get a roof and a sweet-lease, and pay no rent.
June 1, 200521 yr Why would you rather share a stadium with a football team in the middle of nowhere, than own your own stadium in the middle of the city, where more fans WILL go. 791435[/snapback] Little Havana is one of the worst areas in South Florida. And PPS isn't in the middle of nowhere, it's right off the turnpike easily accessible to everyone in South Florida.
June 1, 200521 yr If we stay at DS the roof better be retractable. If not Im against it. There's nothing better than being able to play a ball game with the stars above you. And when its really hot, just bring out the roof. A dome will suck really bad. That's why for now I rather the Marlisn have their own stadium because if a roof is installed in DS, it seems like it would be a dome. Dome Stadium :thumbdown
June 1, 200521 yr Why would you rather share a stadium with a football team in the middle of nowhere, than own your own stadium in the middle of the city, where more fans WILL go. 791435[/snapback] Because the Orange Bowl stadium will be cost cut at every corner, making it the new Miami arena. It's in an awful area and parking will be a pain. I highly doubt it is the panacea many see it as. I have no problem with the Marlins staying at the Pro if they get a roof and a sweet-lease, and pay no rent. 791443[/snapback] and do you think it would be done right with Wayne's hands on the pot?
June 1, 200521 yr Why would you rather share a stadium with a football team in the middle of nowhere, than own your own stadium in the middle of the city, where more fans WILL go. 791435[/snapback] Because the Orange Bowl stadium will be cost cut at every corner, making it the new Miami arena. It's in an awful area and parking will be a pain. I highly doubt it is the panacea many see it as. I have no problem with the Marlins staying at the Pro if they get a roof and a sweet-lease, and pay no rent. 791443[/snapback] and do you think it would be done right with Wayne's hands on the pot? 791451[/snapback] Oh here we f'ing go. There will be no funny business if county money pays for the roof, and I'm confident that Loria is more competent than Henry, an amenable lease will be negotiated.
June 1, 200521 yr I hate driving into Miami. Dolphins Stadium is closer and a lot easier to drive to.
June 1, 200521 yr Why would you rather share a stadium with a football team in the middle of nowhere, than own your own stadium in the middle of the city, where more fans WILL go. 791435[/snapback] Because the Orange Bowl stadium will be cost cut at every corner, making it the new Miami arena. It's in an awful area and parking will be a pain. I highly doubt it is the panacea many see it as. I have no problem with the Marlins staying at the Pro if they get a roof and a sweet-lease, and pay no rent. 791443[/snapback] and do you think it would be done right with Wayne's hands on the pot? 791451[/snapback] Oh here we f'ing go. There will be no funny business if county money pays for the roof, and I'm confident that Loria is more competent than Henry, an amenable lease will be negotiated. 791455[/snapback] lol. I'm not starting to start another debate. Is not a matter of funny business, it is a matter of Wayne being on the drivers seat and trying to meet Wayne's demand. In addition, the Marlins will always be 2nd class citizens at DS. It is a football facility and only an adequate baseball facility. Would this be preferably than Las Vegas, YES.
June 1, 200521 yr Yeah, I can't believe anyone would want to stay in Dolphin Stadium. It is not a baseball park at all. I have been fortunate enough to live near some cool parks like Wrigley, Ballpark in Arlington (I won't call it Ameriquest), Tiger Stadium, Comerica Park, Comisky. I love real baseball parks. I think the BP in Arlington is the greatest park in the MLB. It combines so many classic concepts from other parks to make one great place. The Marlins need a new stadium. They need a place of their own.
June 1, 200521 yr Well staying in Dolphin Stadium, no matter what anyone says, would just be a temporary fix and this would all come around again. If the Marlins get a new stadium, there will be no worries until the world runs out of oil and there is another great depression. :-P
June 1, 200521 yr If you're driving south to Pro Player on 95 it is only a 15 minute drive to the Orange Bowl. Sure it's not the prettiest neighborhood in South Florida but its not overwhelmed with crime and violence.
June 1, 200521 yr The American Airlines Arena is in the middle of a horrible area full of bums, and yet everyone goes to catch a Heat game. 791485[/snapback] That is a bad argument, if Shaq played for the Marlins I can guarantee you that PPS would be a sellout every night too.
June 1, 200521 yr The American Airlines Arena is in the middle of a horrible area full of bums, and yet everyone goes to catch a Heat game. 791485[/snapback] That is a bad argument, if Shaq played for the Marlins I can guarantee you that PPS would be a sellout every night too. 791497[/snapback] If Wade played center field there'd be sellouts for weeks.
June 1, 200521 yr I thought the title of this thread read 'Time for a pill' and was half expecting the Prozac image. Anyway... Own a stadium. Better lease. Better site. More cooperative partners.
June 1, 200521 yr In addition, the Orange Bowl site doesn't seem ideal. The area just doesn't seem scenic and lively to me, and people could regret placing a stadium there in a few years.791576[/snapback] Can't get much worse than the current site.
June 1, 200521 yr DS blows. Uncomfortable seats with no leg room. And if a Dome is added it will suck even more because Domes suck. We need a new stadium. PERIOD. No more leases.
June 1, 200521 yr In addition, the Orange Bowl site doesn't seem ideal.? The area just doesn't seem scenic and lively to me, and people could regret placing a stadium there in a few years.791576[/snapback] Can't get much worse than the current site. 791578[/snapback] Exactly. At least there would be a view of Downtown.
June 1, 200521 yr Obviously all those sites mentioned are better than the OB site. But there is no better place to put it than the OB Site itself.
June 1, 200521 yr If you're driving south to Pro Player on 95 it is only a 15 minute drive to the Orange Bowl. Sure it's not the prettiest neighborhood in South Florida but its not overwhelmed with crime and violence. 791496[/snapback] It would take 15 minutes if you drive 95 miles an hour, run the toll booth without paying, not encounter another car on I-95, and pull off the exit directly into Jose's front lawn doing 50MPH. Under normal rush hour traffic conditions, between 5:30-6:30, when people are driving to catch a 7PM start, it takes 45 minutes to an hour.
June 1, 200521 yr The Marlins need a baseball stadium. Not a football stadium, not a hybrid stadium, not a dome. If they don't get a ballpark, they should move to someplace where they can get one. :confused
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.