Run Support Disparity

Per Shamrock's request, here it is, and it ain't even close.

Run Support (Average per 9 innings)

Beckett - 6.2

D.Willis - 6.2

Burnett - 3.9

A.Leiter - 3.0

Moehler - 1.9

Moehler has 17 runs of support in 62+ innings pitched. The very lowest run support I can find for a pitcher with at least 5 starts right now in the NL is 16. So they've been about as bad as possible for him. You can match up ERA with run support and see why Dontrelle and Josh have such good records, and why Al's is poor. But Moehler has gotten no help at all.

Leiter's run support hasn't been very good either, but he's pitching so poorly that it probably wouldn't matter much.

I would assume Dontrelle's run support would be higher (maybe not that much higher) because he's a decent hitter relative to the other pitchers. Hell, he's better than some of our position players at this point. Still, you'd hope that run distribution starts to even out over the course of the season.

...Moehler has 17 runs of support in 62+ innings pitched...

And two of those he had to drive in himself. :D

802251[/snapback]

So, using that stat, he has the worst run support of any pitcher with more than 5 starts in the majors.

Awesome! Great job, offense. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :thumbdown

actually I wasn't 100% accurate there, there's a couple other pitchers in the same boat.... but they all have bad ERAs.

Like Dewan Brazelton for Tampa... 8 starts, 42 IP, only 13 runs of support but his ERA is over 6.

I can't find anyone even remotely close to Moehler with comparable innings and ERA with that kind of run support.

actually I wasn't 100% accurate there, there's a couple other pitchers in the same boat.... but they all have bad ERAs.

Like Dewan Brazelton for Tampa... 8 starts, 42 IP, only 13 runs of support but his ERA is over 6.

I can't find anyone even remotely close to Moehler with comparable innings and ERA with that kind of run support.

802390[/snapback]

And, we must remember, he's a #5 meaning he usually goes against other teams #5's.

Guest Juanky

802390[/snapback]

And, we must remember, he's a #5 meaning he usually goes against other teams #5's.

802395[/snapback]

Naw, cuz of rest he's going against 3 and 4's now.

I've mentioned this before...If you look at his record you'll get mislead. If you look at his expectations thne you'll get mislead. If you look at his position as our 5th starter you'll get mislead.....etc.

He's really much better and if he would get as much run support as Willis gets then he would also have 10 wins.