Perisho and Bump moves

musk

well today i read about the perisho and bump moves and i had mixed emotions. Perisho is garbage. His ERA is nullified as soon as you look at the strikeout/walks ratio. i am happy he is finally out of the pen. i havent hated a reliever this much since LaTroy Hawkins when he was with the cubs. The guy is brought in for one batter a game and more often than not he walks him. Give me a break. Well hes gone and now im happy.

But the Bump move to AAA is somewhat perplexing to me. Every time i've seen bump on the mound he's been able to get outs and not give up runs (except for that horrific game against the nationals). So I just don't understand why they moved him down. I was a fan of him in the bullpen for some long relief.

Before you respond let me give you a little insight on what I think about our pitching. Willis Mohler Becket Burnett and Lieter. Best pitchers in our rotation in that order. If Valdez comes back he should stay in the pen or take Lieter's spot if Al keeps struggling. I like Mecier, Bump, and Jones out of the bullpen. I am not sold on Mota yet. I think he could be a good set up man like he used to be but I just think he doesnt have the mentality (not aggressive enough) to be a closer. And why would we want to take Jones out of that spot. Reidling is showing me that i might be able to trust him in the 6th or 7th.

so what do you guys think of the perisho and bump moves.

Check the threads we just had on this.

Bump's a good pitcher. Throws strikes, keeps the ball down, uses the defense. There's no problem with him. The defense and the times he is brought in, maybe, but rarely ever him. Take Friday's game. Perfect double play opportunity. A throwing error coming off the steep slope of the backside of the mound. Nothing too upsetting. We don't blame a fielder for dropping a ball when he collides with the wall or teammate.

The more I think of this. I think Bump (and Perisho) are being used as scapegoats for a team that unsure if they want to follow up on their threat/promise of changes yet. They needed to do something to stave off media and fan criticisms, and the bullpen - no matter how good - is always a easy villian.

Guest Jack1

Check the threads we just had on this.

Bump's a good pitcher. Throws strikes, keeps the ball down, uses the defense. There's no problem with him. The defense and the times he is brought in, maybe, but rarely ever him. Take Friday's game. Perfect double play opportunity. A throwing error coming off the steep slope of the backside of the mound. Nothing too upsetting. We don't blame a fielder for dropping a ball when he collides with the wall or teammate.

The more I think of this. I think Bump (and Perisho) are being used as scapegoats for a team that unsure if they want to follow up on their threat/promise of changes yet. They needed to do something to stave off media and fan criticisms, and the bullpen - no matter how good - is always a easy villian.

802540[/snapback]

That is the best explanation I have read about the move they made with Bump. It was a superficial move to try and shut people up. :notworthy