Good Start to long road trip

MrAndMrsFish

im thinking we get 8 of 9, sweep d rays, 2 of 3 from the angels and sweep of the braves

811440[/snapback]

I think you're expecting too much.

The D-Rays are 17-15 at home, so even facing them shouldn't be soooo easy.

The Angels are 3 1/2 games better than us at this point and are 16-12 at home.

The Braves are only a half game back of us and are terrific at home-(19-11).

6/9 would be great, 8 out of 9 is expecting too much.

I agree that 8 of 9 is asking a bit much....but you never know with this team it all depends which Marlins team shows up...cause if it was the hitters that showed up today that is possible...if it the team that showed up on Tuesday then the team will be lucky to win 3 of 9...

:banghead

I agree that 8 of 9 is asking a bit much....but you never know with this team it all depends which Marlins team shows up...cause if it was the hitters that showed up today that is possible...if it the team that showed up on Tuesday then the team will be lucky to win 3 of 9...

811469[/snapback]

If the hitters that showed up today showed up the whole series then we wouldn't lose a game. I don't know why you're expecting us to hit like we did every single day. We had 20 hits, we don't need that many every night. Half of that is just fine.

We just need good pitching performances out of our starting pitchers. Dontrelle pitched good, AJ pitched good until the end, and Josh was bad. So if we can improve and get some more production in that area then we'll be fine.

We need Leiter to start pitching good, and we need Moehler to get back on track and have a good outing. If those 2 things happen then we'll be great.

And btw: Why is the title of this thread "Good Start to a long road trip? We only have 9 more games to go. It's a pretty normal sized road trip.

811469[/snapback]

If the hitters that showed up today showed up the whole series then we wouldn't lose a game. I don't know why you're expecting us to hit like we did every single day. We had 20 hits, we don't need that many every night. Half of that is just fine.

We just need good pitching performances out of our starting pitchers. Dontrelle pitched good, AJ pitched good until the end, and Josh was bad. So if we can improve and get some more production in that area then we'll be fine.

We need Leiter to start pitching good, and we need Moehler to get back on track and have a good outing. If those 2 things happen then we'll be great.

And btw: Why is the title of this thread "Good Start to a long road trip? We only have 9 more games to go. It's a pretty normal sized road trip.

811476[/snapback]

Longest road trip of the season, smart guy.

The Cubs really surprised me yesterday by beating up on Beckett. I suppose it shouldn't have been too surprising as Beckett still hasn't shown he can be good consistently. Somehow I was expecting a strong performance out of him though.

It was great to see the offense didn't get down and came back fighting today. This bodes well for a solid road trip.