Are you serious?

Hojo

I have no clue which mod deleted my posts, or else I would have PM'ed you. So feel free to delete this thread after reading it.

Can you please explain to me why you guys are being so Nazi about this Leiter situation. I brought up two threads...

One was just a quote of MEts-BS saying Leiter would be horrible and someone told him to shut up.. that was funny

The second was just a bunch of funny statements from when Leiter was signed. What's the point of saving these threads, if you can't bring up when something is anti-Fish. Is this a Zoloft only board?

This shouln't be just a Mets-fan thing either, because there were also some Marlin fans in the threads pessimistic about Leiter. They deserve to gloat as well.

Crap happens... to EVERY TEAM... deal with it instead of hiding like lil girls, when everything's not Teal.

I'll be waiting for a PM that can clear up this Gestapo like behavior for me. Thank you.

Not sure, my only guess is that it's because you did it in multiple threads... bumping old discussions is fine (if there's a point in bringing it back up) but to do it in multiple threads MAY have seemed like a sort of trolling or just spamming to give a "ha ha" of sorts. Again just speculating, I haven't been here much today so can't say for sure.

My only suggestion would be to bump one thread on the subject with a post that has a point in continuing the old discussion...

Ok, well I appreciate the understanding. I recall only doing it twice, but I guess it can be seen as trolling since I am a Met fan... but those were some funny quotes. One guy said

"Dontrelle and Leiter have the same stuff, so they should work well together" or something of the sort. That was definitely bump worthy. LOL

And in addition, I will of course followup on this and see why the posts were removed for future reference.

856275[/snapback]

Not to be a nag...but wouldnt it be more meaningful to the poster/board if a thread was locked with an explination of why that was done instead of a blind delete?

Ouch. :lol

Yeah well live and learn. Some poor baseball moments that are at the top of my head:

1) Rays trade Abreu for Stocker

2) Mets sign Mo Vaughn

3) Marlins sign Al Leiter

856278[/snapback]

No waysigning leiter even compares to those other two. Signing leiter only hurts us for one year. Another good one is the O's contract to Albert Belle or the sox trading the babe for some cash

Ok... one of the mods is waaaay too sensitive. I tried bringing it up again today in ONE and only ONE thread... where I pointed out the MEtbs said Leiter would only last 5 innings, and would not be good for the team.

There were some friendly replies, but the Mod deleted anyway....

Since you guys are actually saying Ban the Mods etc...

I actually closed the "Al Leiter Back in Teal?" thread...probably the only mod action I have taken in the past year...since I am pretty liberal about things...

Why did I close it?

The random name calling and cursing in it.....which is going against our forum guidelines......

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...?act=boardrules

any further questions...pm me....

I brought up two threads...

One was just a quote of MEts-BS saying Leiter would be horrible and someone told him to shut up.. that was funny

The second was just a bunch of funny statements from when Leiter was signed. What's the point of saving these threads, if you can't bring up when something is anti-Fish. Is this a Zoloft only board?

This shouln't be just a Mets-fan thing either, because there were also some Marlin fans in the threads pessimistic about Leiter. They deserve to gloat as well.856253[/snapback]

well, i didn't see the posts, but from your own description, it sounds like you were trolling.

in general, someone (a marlins fan or otherwise) who bumps a couple very old threads purely to "gloat" at everyone else = the message board douche.

heh, i could bump some random threads with certain folks' comments after the armando benitez signing--i could go bump some threads from after the DLee-Choi trade to point out that it's apparent that we should've kept him--or i could bump up those jubilant threads following mike lowell's signing to point out to everyone that he now sucks--but why would i? only a tool would do something like that.

i didn't even realize that needed to be explained.

oh, and if you bump a thread to "gloat" at everyone, no s*** your post should be deleted. how else do you un-bump a thread? it's certainly better than locking the thread and creating an untouchable shrine of douchebaggery for everyone to read for the next two days.

Guest markotsay7

I agree with Passion and Hojo.

If that mod did it for no particular purpose then she shouldn't be a mod.

859545[/snapback]

I think she's made her purpose pretty clear a couple posts above yours.

...do people read the posts in threads before they reply anymore?

I agree with Passion and Hojo.

If that mod did it for no particular purpose then she shouldn't be a mod.

859545[/snapback]

I've been a mod for quite some time now...since the boards were practically created...and i've been known to be a really liberal mod....

if you want to see what happened in the thread then let me know and i'll email you a copy of it....

thanks mk7....

There was no cursing... it was just back and forth banter... but nothing bad. Everyone seemed to get the humor of the situation except you. It wasn't trolling, and it only continued because I kept getting deleted!

Praise the Lord! I can't believe this is happening!

Hojo :notworthy Hojo :notworthy

He's come to save us!!

:o An, an, an, an...an explanation as to why your post has been deleted! C'mon!! this is way too much for me to absorb!

:o An investigation as to which mod has the itchy power trip trigger finger! I must be dreaming!!! :o

The Marlins suck...and we're starting to make sense here? What's happening!!!??

:blink:

Somebody hold me...I'm afraid :(

There was no cursing... it was just back and forth banter...

865136[/snapback]

thats f***ing bulls*** and you know it.

Apparently there was cursing. 1truefan never said it was you, but looking back, you were involved in the name calling.

:o An, an, an, an...an explanation as to why your post has been deleted! C'mon!! this is way too much for me to absorb!

:o An investigation as to which mod has the itchy power trip trigger finger! I must be dreaming!!! :o

865869[/snapback]

When the question of 'why' is asked, an explanation is always given. Usually this is done via PM and not in the public forum. In almost every case, it results from a poster ignoring the forum guidelines (that includes the posts that were deleted on you, play...you just chose to believe it was something else.)

1truefan gave an explanation, citing the proper guidelines to back it up. This discussion will not develop into pure badgering. The question raised has been answered.

Closed.