Why Was Manny In The Wall?

Passion

What about it, Manny? What were you doing behind the green door?

''I [urinated] in a cup," said Ramirez.

It's hard to know when Manny is kidding. We do know there is no bathroom inside the left-field wall. It's a dark, hot, smelly hovel, occupied by a couple of scoreboard operators -- traditionally guys being punished by the grounds crew chief. There was speculation that Manny was going into the wall to cool off in front of an electric fan, but the pee break seems more likely.

''He wasn't in there putting up scores, that's for sure," said Kevin Millar, who has spent a few nights patrolling the lawn in left. ''That's just Manny. Sometimes I'll go over to talk with Johnny Damon if we're making a pitching change, but I don't go inside the wall."

''I'm just glad he came back," said Sox manager Terry Francona.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/reds...e_off_the_wall/

:lol

The pee break seems most likely. I read rumor forum that manny has a ipod installed his sunglasses

866714[/snapback]

He wore those in the All-Star Game, no other time...

866760[/snapback]

The game was played at night, I guess the A.D.D monster needed something to keep him involved in a game that he didnt think counted.

The pee break seems most likely. I read rumor forum that manny has a ipod installed his sunglasses

866714[/snapback]

He signed a contract with Oakley to wear the new Oakley sunglasses with a built in MP3 player.

Some players have shoe deals, others have deals for gloves... Manny has a deal for sun glasses :shifty .

866714[/snapback]

He wore those in the All-Star Game, no other time...

866760[/snapback]

I thought I saw him wearing them in the Saturday Phillies game too...cause I remember commenting how he wasn't wearing the sunglasses with the strap like he normally does. Maybe those were a non-musical pair.