A friendly reminder to our new members

rferry

A few tips to being a productive member of this site. These are in no way rules, just simple suggestions as to how you and all of us can better interact and talk about our favorite team.

1. Follow the board rules. http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...?act=boardrules

2. Be kind to other members. Also don't take criticisms so hard. This is MarlinsBaseball.com, no one means anyone any harm.

3. Be sincerely interested in adding something to the board. All of us have sought out this site to chat and learn more about the Marlins.

4. Recognize the forum you are posting in. No one reads the Marlins subforum to read about the Dolphins. No one reads the Major League subforum to read about how great a beer league pitcher you are. And so on.

4a. Read all the posts in a thread to get a feel for what the topic is and how best you can add to the discussion.

4b. If you do not understand a certain post whether it be its logic or simply the meaning of a word of term, search the internet for your answer or ask.

(If a mod wants to move this to the Press Box or Outfield, that's fine)

I think this is a good idea, but I haven't been liking all the putdowns of other board members, calling them "children" etc.

What gets me the most is the members that "apologize" to visiting fans from other teams for conduct here. That's just being self-righteous.

I'm not saying board members here always say the right things, but such contrived and conceited attitudes piss me off.

870321[/snapback]

You gotta admit that alot of the people that post on here sound like children at times. Either with poor choice of language or with all the DRAMA or just plain old HATE. I mean no need to hate the team, coaches, or players. It's a game and unless these guys have personally insulted you no need for hate talk.

Guest Moneyball

I think this is a good idea, but I haven't been liking all the putdowns of other board members, calling them "children" etc.

What gets me the most is the members that "apologize" to visiting fans from other teams for conduct here.? That's just being self-righteous.

I'm not saying board members here always say the right things, but such contrived and conceited attitudes piss me off.

870321[/snapback]

You gotta admit that alot of the people that post on here sound like children at times. Either with poor choice of language or with all the DRAMA or just plain old HATE. I mean no need to hate the team, coaches, or players. It's a game and unless these guys have personally insulted you no need for hate talk.

870345[/snapback]

Since when is questioning players, coaches and staff hate?

What gets me the most is the members that "apologize" to visiting fans from other teams for conduct here. That's just being self-righteous.

870321[/snapback]

870345[/snapback]

Since when is questioning players, coaches and staff hate?

870488[/snapback]

It's not the questioning. It 's the tone, demeaning nature, disparagement and name-calling that identifies it as hate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.